Two pieces of matboard are used for the necklace. One piece for base and the other for the image which I "popped" on the base with mounting tape. Students got to choose images for their piece. We had fun adding bead fringe to our pieces, too.
The real fun part was creating mosaic embellishments using eggshells! Students brought two cracked, dried eggshells and we painted with Lumieres, alcohol inks, then added glitter on top w/ Diamond Glaze. We had a lot of eggshell pieces left that can be used for embellishments for cards, collages and even boxes. I love to use embossing paste as "grout" for the eggshell pieces to create beautiful mosaics for box tops.
We ended the class with Melanie showing us how to "spin". No; not with a bicycle :) but with a fiber spinner to create the necklace hanger that is fed through a jump ring.
Students also created a pin using the same technique with the eggshells. Wheeeeeeeeeeee!
3 comments:
gorgeous marilyn!! And I love the use of eggshells!!! What's next? Maybe belly button lint!!!!! (tee hee)
I didn't get to take the class but have seen these on display. The pic is very nice but they are even more beautiful in person. Nice job, Marilyn! I'm drying eggshells right now. :)
These are beautiful, Marilyn!!
Laura J
Post a Comment