Friday, September 28, 2007

More Photoshop practicing.................



I try to work on a little bit of Photoshop Elements each day. Perhaps because of my short-term memory and not wanting to forget what I'm learning :)

But; I'm becoming more and more comfortable with the layers concept and having fun with it.

I like the fact that I can use some of my art stash and scan images, papers, even lace and such to create elements for a digi collage.

I don't think I'll turn to digital collage as a constant as I can see where I would miss the tactile part of creating collages as I do with the hands-on approach to a collage on canvas, ATC, Little Fat Book page; whatever the substrate. I would also miss not incorporating rubber stamping.

But, it's a new area for me to explore, and I do enjoy the little strides I make in trying to work with Photoshop Elements. I love the fact that you can edit photos and alter them to your liking then using them in artwork. I have quite a collection of old black and white photos that I will enjoy altering and editing in the program.

Thank you all for visiting my Blog, your lovely comments and support mean so much to me.

Love to all..........................Marilyn

3 comments:

Kerri Jean said...

I am so proud of your progress in Elements. I knew you would just totally love the layers once that light bulb came on. And it is important to do a little something every day or every couple of days to keep your skills fresh. Happy layering. I love this collage!!!

Sanja said...

beautiful photoshop work, Marylin :)

Viola said...

Very, very beautiful!! Great collage! Have a wonderful weekend!