Friday, October 12, 2007

"Wonder"



Well; more Photoshop Elements practice. I really am having fun with this! This picture consists of 6 layers. The "bubbles" you see there are actually glass healing balls. When my husband and I were visiting Woodstock, Vermont, I found a very charming shop named Primrose Garden. There was a back porch that was part of the shop and while you're standing on the floor boards, you can actually see down to a creek that is running and you can hear the water; it was so relaxing. These healing balls were hanging from an old wooden beam and I wanted so badly to take a picture of them. I asked the owner of the shop for permission and she so graciously granted me the okay. I new I just had to have them for a photoshop project. I actually added a couple of layers of these healing balls, the figure is from a cool book that I found at an antique shop. I added some butterflies including one right in one of the balls.

I wish you all an artful weekend! Love, Marilyn

6 comments:

Kerri Jean said...

Marilyn, as my style leans more toward modern than vintage, this is my favorite digital collage so far!!! My first thought was "what are those balls?" so thanks for identifying them!! I also recognized that face from the book we practiced scanning that day -- this is just a fabulous combining of elements. It is an amazing WONDER!!!!

Anonymous said...

Holy Crap.!!!!! This is so very cool....

NANCY C. said...

Marilyn
OMG, I love what you have done !!! Boy am I jealous. I have got to get going and develop my skills with the digital "stuff"
Much Love

Patti G. said...

Marilyn, Your collage using the photo you took of those beautiful suncatcher balls is wonderful!!!!!! Fun!
And the canvas below are breathtaking! You are some special talent my dear! Hugs,Patti

Viola said...

Wonderful collage, Marilyn!
Just gorgeous!!

vicci said...

Marilyn...I really really love this! I am going to have to try photoshop elements one of these days! :-) XXXOOOO