Wednesday, April 2, 2008

"Abandoned"....................



I cannot believe how much I am enjoying Photoshop Elements! I mean I don't have any aspirations to do anything with it other than to just have fun, play and experiment with all the different facets of the program. There's so much to learn and much more to come.

This photo was one that I actually took quite awhile ago. My husband and I were on our way down to Saugerties, NY to check out an antique place down there and I came across this abandoned old car in a field! Fortunately, I had my camera, with me, as I really saw beauty in this old car! I'm not so sure my husband felt the same but he's great about stopping so I can get some shots that I want.

I have discovered a way, with Photoshop, that I can now make my own custom brushes without downloading freebies that are offered online. The freebies are awesome but it was fun making my own once I learned how to do it. I converted this picture to black and white then added a little tinting to it.

See the crows there? They are the brushes that I created from a picture of a crow I took! I am so excited about this!!!

I recently picked up Somerset's new publication, Digital Studio, and in it is an article written by Michelle Ward. She offers a terrific tutorial on creating custom brushes!!! It took me a bit, to get it, but this allows for endless possibilities!

I hope you are all having a great day! Love, Marilyn

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Marilyn I love that old car its so curvy! and what you have added is stunning .I really think the wording is appropriate makes me feel sorry for the old car she has so much character.love from sesga xx

Evidence of an Artistic Life said...

This is so totally cool! I love the old car. I keep trying to remember to take my camera with me. Just love this Marilyn!!!!!
hugs, chris

Femmy said...

love that old car!! just great what you did in photoshop!!! the crows make it look even more abandoned !!

Alexandra said...

I love Photoshop, too. Your picture is wonderful Marilyn.

Sanja said...

this is fabulos,Marilyn!
hugs
Sanja

Jacky said...

Marilyn, what a fantastic photo, you are doing so well with Photoshop! Thanks for the mention of the digital somerset magazine. Might have to look into that one as I need to get into photoshop too, I am loving what you are doing!

Patti G. said...

This is so cool! What a neat shot of the old car and your adding of the black birds is a perfect touch! They look like they belong there! :0) Sooooo fun, you are doing wonders with your photoshop! WHeeeeeeeee! Hugs,Patti

Barb said...

Hi Marilyn,
This is a terrific piece !
Barb

Viola said...

It`s so great as always! :o))

Kerri Jean said...

Opoh, I love this Marilyn. I love that you turned what some might consider a local eyesore into a great digital collage. I used to live in Saugerties, but it wasn't quite the antique mecca then that it is now. I miss it there!!