Thursday, April 17, 2008

Abulia...............................



a-bu-li-a (uh-byoo-lee-uh)

-noun psychiatry

1. a symptom of mental disorder involving impairment or loss of volition

2. Loss or impairment of the ability to make decisions or act independently

3. A loss of will power

This is how the dictionary defines this word abulia. It kind of has an alarming sound to it; ya know like it's a major disease. However, I think I'm suffering from it at the moment :) I like to think Definition #2 pertains to me, here, with trying to decide what affirmations I want to add to my collage for the exchange I am hosting. Some, who know me, might think Definition #1 is more appropriate for me - lol! By the way; I've received some gorgeous pieces, so far, and I'm very excited about this exchange. Oh dear; I just thought of something....................I will, once again, suffer from abulia as I will have trouble deciding on which collage I want to keep here! :)

Anyway; this is my collage without my affirmations. They will be a "game call". I decided to go a bit whimsical, with my collage, as most of my art pieces are on the serious side. I can't free-hand draw or paint worth beans so I used my face from a photo I had. The hair and body are free-hand painted however. I wish I still had that body!!! The hair - well I used to have hair like that! Thick, long, lots of body. Now it's very short, coarse, and filled with specks of white :) I guess this signifies what WAS outwardly me, but now am really the same person but with a new voice. Hmmmmmmmmmm. There are a couple of affirmations in there somewhere. And, of course, I just had to get birds in there somehow :)

I wish you all a wonderful upcoming weekend; treat yourself to some art time, and, again, thank you ALL so much for your lovely comments, continued support and friendships!

Spring has sprung here!!!!!!!!

Love, Marilyn xxoo

12 comments:

Femmy said...

beautiful Marylin!!! love the little bird in her hand! and the blue colors give me a springfeeling!
have a great weekend yourself too!!!

Evidence of an Artistic Life said...

This is very fun!! Love what you have done!
hugs, chris

Kerri Jean said...

Great collage marilyn!!! I think your first affirmation should be "I am a master painter" -- of course you can paint and draw, woman!! Can't wait to see it finished. I hope you find a cure for your abulia!!!!

Erasmuse said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erasmuse said...

How about using "Down with Abulia" or "Anti-Abulia". OR..."Abulia...So Over It!". LOL

I LOVE the collage - sure wouldn't mind getting that one! Haven't mailed mine yet as Linda has promised to bring it over in person - better than mailing that eggshell hat. haha

I'm getting excited about this swap. :)

Pam
http://alteredmymuse.wordpress.com/
http://home.nycap.rr.com/tsmall/2006/indax.html

Anonymous said...

HEEE Heeee...Marilyn.. she is cute.

Viola said...

She looks so great, Marilyn! Beautiful collage with wonderful colors! Have a great weekend, too! :-)

Jacky said...

Gorgeous Marilyn, it looks like spring has really sprung in your part of the world.
I love your whimsical collage!

bockel24 said...

I really like it so far - but am curious what the words will be ;-) Thanks for teaching me this new vocabulary, it describes me very well.

vicci said...

I just love the colors Marilyn!!!! This is so beautiful! I am glad you are enjoying the Spring...and YOU also have a GREAT weekend! Love you! XXOOOO

Patti G. said...

Marilyn, I cannot wait to see your affirmations added! This is ggggggreat fun! I know that it is textural and touchable! I can tell!
Love that BOD, I do not think I EVER had a body like that! :0)
Hugs,Patti

Alexandra said...

Gorgeous work Marilyn