
I found some time, today, to finish up this acrylic/mixed media painting. It is on a 16 x 20 canvas. I call it Beautiful Women in Art. I've actually been working on it on and off when I can.
The picture isn't the greatest, I had to try to sharpen it up in Photoshop because I kept getting glare. I sealed the painting with glossy medium and it was difficult getting a really clear picture. I normally use matte medium to seal but tried the glossy and I think it takes on an oil painting feel to it.
There are a lot of inclusions in this painting; fluid acrylics, cheesecloth, stamping into gel medium, molding paste, hand-dyed Japanese paper, oil pastels, etc.
I really enjoyed working on this painting and was happy that I found some time to finish it. :)
I hope you all are having a good week so far. I think Spring is finally arriving, in our area, and I've had windows open all day and the air just feels wonderful coming through the windows. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Love, Marilyn
11 comments:
fabulos background and beautiful colors!amazing work,Marilyn!!!
hugs
Sanja
Your canvas is fantastic Marilyn
Beautiful canvas Marilyn!! lots of work!!! but the result is fabulous!! love the red/orange colors in it!! Spring has arrived here aswell! feels so good to work and have open windows!
You do such great art work, really wonderful and inspiring Your canvas is very special. What an amazing background. Simply stunning...love the different layers.
Hi Marilyn Love you're latest canvas it definitely has that oil painted effect fabulous results . love and hugs from sesga xx
Really fantastic, Marilyn! Great artwork!! :-)
These types of works are my favorites Marilyn. Great colors and textures, and I love the subject matter!! Your face should be among them!!!
Marilyn...you and this canvas piece are so inspiring. Those background colors are gorgeous and I love all the other elements added. Love it!
Wonderful canvas Marilyn... beautiful, vibrant, rich colours (just like the old masters). Great idea to use the gloss sealant and give it that "oil painted" look.
this is lovely Marilyn. gorgeous colours and textures. the ladies look very cosy and comfortable
what a stunning piece Marilyn, there is so much depth and colour to all the layers, beautiful work.
I wish spring would arrive here, well it did for one day, bright sky, sun was shinning and then we woke to 6 inches of snow the following morning.
Post a Comment