Friday, May 30, 2008

Magic Wings.................................





During this week my husband and I had the pleasure of spending a day with some special friends of ours. We took a day trip to Deerfield, Massachusetts and went to the Magic Wings Butterfly Conservatory. All I can say is WOWSER! What an experience. It's magical alright!
There are thousands of different varieties of butterflies that surrounded us everywhere we looked. If you stand still, one or even two will land on you. It's amazing! What a miracle a butterfly is! I've always been fascinated with them and as far back as I can remember, every time I had the opportunity to see one, I would always stop and try to get a good look at it. There's something about knowing that their life spans are very limited and realizing that I'd better enjoy them when I see them. There's a life lesson in there somewhere I believe.
I cannot take credit for taking these photos. My dear friend, Ruth, who I was with on our trip, took these shots with her new camera! Thank you Ruth! They are awesome! On a side note, I brought my camera but forgot the memory stick. I find that fitting they call it a memory stick - LOL!
I would highly recommend you checking in your area to see where the nearest butterfly conservatory is or would be. I'm hoping there would be enough around the country and world, that you could somehow have the opportunity to experience something like this. It truly was a memorable experience and one that I would love to do again (with my camera AND memory stick) :)
I will leave you with this quote that has been one of my favorites for a very long time:
"The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough" .....Rabindranath Tagore'
Have a safe, happy and artful weekend ahead.
Love to all.....................Marilyn xxoo

13 comments:

Barb said...

WOWSER Marilyn, you really are
"rock"in! Your "new" header is awesome - at first, I thought I had pulled up the wrong blog! LOL!
Your butterfly pictures are absolutely wonderful! Sounds as though you and your hubby had a very enjoy trip.

Evidence of an Artistic Life said...

Marilyn-this is such a neat post! I would love to see this! I did not notice your new header under the previous poster mentioned it-I have to agree with her-it is fabulous!
hugs chris

Viola said...

Really wonderful pictures, Marilyn!
And your new banner looks so gorgeous.Have a great weekend, too! :-)

Sanja said...

what a beautiful post,Marilyn! your buttefly pictures are great!
have a wonderful weekend
hugs
Sanja :-)

Femmy said...

great new banner Marilyn!!! and your photos are beautiful!!!
have a great weekend too!!

Erasmuse said...

Beautiful Marilyn! We went to the Butterfly House in Missouri once - right after 9/11. It was an amazing experience. It was also healing to step into so much beauty and peace during a time of so much horror.

I didn't realize there was one so close by. I showed Terry your pics and now he wants to go. :)

Your pics are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing them with us.

Pam
"Altered My Muse"
http://alteredmymuse.wordpress.com/

"Every Doll Needs a Home"
http://home.nycap.rr.com/tsmall/2006/indax.html

Erasmuse said...

Just finished reading the entire post - got too hung up on the pictures before. LOL

Great pictures Ruth!

Make sure you post the ones you take next time you go Marilyn. I bet they'll be really good and turn into some excellent digital art. :)

Pam
"Altered My Muse"
http://alteredmymuse.wordpress.com/

"Every Doll Needs a Home"
http://home.nycap.rr.com/tsmall/2006/indax.html

Anonymous said...

Hi Marilyn, I love butterflies to, We have a butterfly place about a hour drive away I have been a few times and I never want to come from there its so magical. The photos are so clear they are amazing .thanks for sharing love from sesga xx

Gaby Bee said...

Gorgeous butterfly pics. I agree with all the above comments, your new banner is fabulous!

Jacky said...

What beautiful butterflies (and photography !!!)

Anonova said...

A life lesson indeed, and one that's so engaging with that kind of beauty to lead you to it!
Great job capturing these fleeting wonders.

Kerri Jean said...

Wow, you told me about this, but seeing some of them close up is miraculous. Evidence of the divine on earth.

Alexandra said...

I love butterflys and your pictures are fantastic Marilyn!