Tuesday, April 28, 2009

4 in 1.....................................:)




The pictures, here, are sections of one very large canvas that I'm currently working on. I decided to take photos, in sections, and came up with 4 different works in 1 canvas! Each section, to me, offers a different piece - kind of a unique way of looking at a large mixed-media piece.

There's some glare, in a couple of the sections, and that is due to some "veils" of gel medium that I have added for texture. I think I'm going to call this piece "Threads of Life".

I hope you're all having a good week. It has been quite warm, here, the past few days; unusually warm. We are hitting close to 87 today! Not the typical April!
Reminder: my deadline for my Blog giveaway (previous post) is this Friday, May 1st. If anyone cannot leave a comment here, and is interested, you can email me at Artbeliever@gmail.com. Thanks so much! Love, Marilyn

24 comments:

deb said...

Stunning! everything is just stunning Marilyn, the colours you've used, the imagery, everything is just perfect.

bockel24 said...

Wow, Marilyn, this piece is really wonderful! Thanks for showing it in parts, this way we can explore all the details. I especially love the colour range you´ve used.

Carol Q said...

wow, stunning Marilyn what gorgeous colours.

Sanja said...

Marilyn,
your art is simply beautiful.love your new piece.
hugs
Sanja

Anonymous said...

oh Marilyn.......this is so beautiful. Love how that one big canvas looks like it can tell so many different stories. I am sure you know I love 'color' and you have used some beautiful ones here. Love this piece :)

Linda said...

As usual I'm very intrested in winning any of your outstanding work. Love You

Diane J. Evans said...

I can't imagine how this piece looks in its entirety -- it must be a stunner, because each of its parts is beautiful on its own. Will this be a show piece or for sale? It's gorgeous!

Diane

Barb said...

Oh Marilyn, your "panels" are definately a wowser in my book! The backgrounds, textures, colors, and images are amazing! Love it!
As always, thanks for sharing.
Barb

Alexandra said...

Your artworks are fantastic Marilyn. Hugs Alexandra

Peggy Beck said...

As wonderful as can be. I still wonder how you do it. Love,
Peggy

lindacreates said...

This is wonderful Marilyn! The colors are so beautiful. I will be anxious to see the completed piece.

ute said...

Marilyn, the pieces are all so wonderful,
the colors and the composition is so amazing, I gladly want to see it in nature,
Thanks for show it in your blog
big hugs ute

Kerri Jean said...

This canvas is amazing. Everything about it speaks to me. The rich colors, the patchwork of layers and textures.

Anonymous said...

Wow Wow Wow....you are something else gal.. Nice to talk to you this morning.. miss you...Lo

Tabitha said...

I was glad to find you too! I'm very new at this, but I wouldn't mind being linked up to your blog. (Whatever that means!) lol. Is that the list of links at the side of the page there? Very cool. It will put pressure on for me to try to keep my blog current which I am going to try very hard to do!

Femmy said...

just stunning!! what a fantastic colors and images! the bottom one is my favorite!!
have a great weekend.

Laura Haviland said...

Stunning I love your artwork.
I love your colors !!
Hugs, Laura.

vintage wil said...

Ohh gorgeous work!
great image and beautiful colors!!!

Roben-Marie said...

Stunning!! I love them all!!! :)

Joy Logan said...

Fun to see pieces fall into place. Nice one Marilyn!

Gaby Bee said...

I really adore this! Definitely one of my favorites that you have made.
Love all the details, layers and colors in your art. Just perfect!
Gaby xo

Viola said...

Fantastic, Marilyn! What a stunning work!! Hehe, a little package is on its way to you!Have a wonderful day, dear friend! ;o)))

Rachelle said...

Marilyn, this is gorgeous. I adore the colors and the depth! I'd love to see a picture of the final piece.

Deb L. said...

Just incredibly beautiful piece, M. Colors are wonderful... beautiful (sigh). xox Deb