
I have a lot of "starts" in my art area from classes that I've taught and decided to start making them come alive :)
The sizes are different and I have some small ones that are approx. 5 x 7 and I have a lot of the 8 x 10's.
So; I decided to experiment with attaching a smaller canvas on top of a larger one and I'm likin' it. The smaller ones can be screwed in, from behind, or adhered with heavy gel medium. The image of the woman, there, is a gel transfer using an image from an antique French postcard.
I intend to do more, of these, and even use a number of smaller canvases on a larger one. I have a number of those mini canvases, too. This could get interesting. I'll keep you posted :)
In meantime, enjoy your weekend. Memorial Weekend is upon us, here, already!
All be safe, happy and hope your weather is good to you, too. So far, we're on a roll!
Love and peace to all.................................Marilyn xxoo
10 comments:
what a good idea Marilyn!! love your canvas,
have a great weekend!!
ooh I like this! The colors really pop on this one! Have a Great weekend!
A canvas on a canvas! YOU go girl! Brilliant and I love the pretty summer colors here! The woman is beautiful and she looks content and happy...the colors are just right!
Hugs,Patti
I simply must get closer to you so some of that creativity dust gets sprinkled onto me-- what an idea! What a great execution of it! You rock! (Oh, dear, I'll bet you get that all the time, don't you???)
Diane
really beautiful piece Marilyn!
xo
Sanja
Luv this idea - grrrr-eat look!
Happy week-end.
Barb
Love your canvas on canvas
This is beautiful! SO FUNNY! I was thinking of trying this but I haven't gotten around to it.. I have lots of excess canvas and & I have (lemme check...)...Found it!(LOL))I have the "claudine hellmuth sticky back canvas." Um, I haven't used it yet though! I don't know if you're the same way, but I'm always brewing with creative ideas, and I never know which to start off with first, haha. oh! Also! Thank you for admiring my work! I'm sorry I'm responding a little late. I had tunnel vision while I was in school. But now I'm back & I'll be posting alot more stuff. :)again, thank you!! (gosh I wrote you an essay lol)
Oh this is stunning. It really grabs me. Love all the vibrant colors and then the addition of white here and there that just makes everything 'pop'. Love it :)
so wonderful I love the colors and the poetry
Post a Comment