Thursday, May 28, 2009

A little journal fun today............:)



I started a painting, yesterday, in preparation for a show and was getting a little saddled down with color choices so decided to leave it for a bit.

We have another rainy day, here, so I decided to relax and turn to my sketchbook journal. I got out my glamour magazine and searched for "models" to work on.

"Maggie" is actually the second page I worked on. I tore her from the magazine, adhered to the page, and then overpainted her including the background. I've included two pictures of both pages as I decided to play around with Photoshop and it always amazes me how just with a few fun filters, can change the whole look of a piece.

The second picture is of the first page of today's project. "Beyond Chic" wouldn't you say? :)

This was a transfer from the magazine using soft gel and water. Once dry, I overpainted and gave this model a real funky look. Looks like she's in a rock band :) Again; I played around with the original picture in Photoshop and really like how the filters made this look.

I hope you are all having a good week; we're almost done with it, already, and soon we will have another weekend to look forward to.
Thinking of you all.......................................Love, Marilyn xxoo

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marilyn...these are so cool. The second 'Maggie' really grabs me. It looks like a glimpse of a fading dream to me...so beautiful.

Debbie said...

Very nice! Your art is so inspirational.

Patti G. said...

These are great Marilyn! I love how the computer can change up your look to the piece. The transfer came out sooooo neat.......just fun and she is ROCKIN' it for sure......funky and hip!
Hugs,Patti

Elizabeth said...

Love these pieces!! I have been anxious to try this technique but don't know where to begin- I know that I should just start but I am feeling intimidated!! Any tips???
Hugs!
Elizabeth

vintage wil said...

Gorgeous artwork!!!

Viola said...

So beautiful! Have a wonderful weekend, Marilyn!! :o)

Laura Haviland said...

Marilyn, these scream so artful !!!
I really love these big time.
The are so unigue, that's what makes them just shine. They are so dreamy too, well done.
Thanks for sharing, so funky.
Hugs, Laura.
P.S. can you tell I like them?LOL.
Have a great day.

Joy Logan said...

Love these Marilyn! Did you see Lisa Bebi's tutorials on this?

Tabitha said...

ooh how fun! Very cool! what weight/type of paper is your art journal that you do all this on?