Thursday, May 7, 2009

A Very Special Post for Me............................:)

This is a very special post, for me, to kick off the day and also the fact that Mother's Day weekend is upon us.

We are all mothers in one way or the other; whether we have children, pets, or we even nurture our art and all our art works are our "babies"! Sometimes they are hard to let go of right? :)

I am particularly excited about celebrating this Mother's Day as I can now shout this out and want to share it with all of you............................my son and his wife announced to us, on Easter weekend, that they are expecting their first child! Which means.................I'm gonna be a grandma! WOW! This is my first grand child!

It appears that we will greet the new member of the family in mid December!!!!

We got to see the ultrasound picture of the baby during this week which really was quite an emotional moment. It's very exciting! My son and his wife are so happy and they are floating with joy.

I decided, last night, to express their joy and ours on a canvas. This picture is of an 8 x 10 acrylic/mixed media piece that I wanted to symbolize this special news and I'm going to present the collage to my daughter-in-law on Sunday!

We are all praying and keeping positive thoughts for the parents and that the baby will be healthy; that is what is most important.

Thank you all for your support and friendships; your constant inspiration gives me wings and that is why I feel so comfortable sharing this joyous family news with you.

I wish you all a safe and happy day and a wonderful weekend ahead.

Much love always..........................."Grandma" Marilyn xxoo

22 comments:

Kerri Jean said...

Super congratulations Grammy Marilyn!!! You will be the most wonderful grandmother. I am so excited for you and your son and daughter-in-law!!!!! Beautiful artwork to celebrate this joyous news - full of texture and color and life!!

Kaz said...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO congratulations!!!! that's big time fantastic news Granny!!
your artwork is gorgeous too. xox

bockel24 said...

Great texture and colours on this one again - love it! And congrats on becoming a granny!

Diane J. Evans said...

Congratulations, Grandma!! You must be overjoyed -- your first grandchild to spoil and shower with your creative gifts, both tangible and spiritual. Your latest piece is such a beautiful expression of your joy -- well done!

Diane

Patti G. said...

Marilyn the new Grandma!!!!!
How fun!!!!!!!Congrats on your BIG NEWS!!!!!! The collage is beautiful and Kate will love it. What a wonderful expressions of your joy and love for them and the baby to be!!!!!!!!!!! December will be a month of gifts for your family for sure! HOW DARLING!!!!!!
Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee for David and Kate and Grandma Marilyn!
Hugs,Patti

Elizabeth said...

Oh Happy Day for all of you!! And waht a lucky lucky grand baby to have such a wondrous Gramdma!!!!!! kate3 will treasure this piece of art. You must make a special piece for yourself to commemorate the joy that you ahve right now!!! happy Hugs to all of you!!
Elizabeth

Debbie said...

My grandson is 6 months old and such a joy! You will love being a grandmother. Congratulations!! Love your collage!

Peggy Beck said...

Marilyn you are in for a joyfull ride. Congrats.
Grand kids are wonderful and they love "ART!!!"
You will spend many wonderful hours with the watercolor. Kids love playing with water, remember?
Peggy

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, beautiful canvas. Big congrats on the news. A baby is such a blessing. I know you are going to be an awesome Grandmother :) Happy Mothers Day to you from Montana and I...hugs!

vintage wil said...

Ohh this is gorgeous!!!

Patti Sandham said...

Wonderful news Grama Rock!

Your post is so touching and uplifting. I am sure your son and DiL will love your gift, it is beautiful and obvioulsly made with love. :)

Hugs

Tabitha said...

Congrats on becoming a Grandma, Marilyn! I can just feel your excitement screaming off your blog. I'm sure that will be such a happy day for you and your family when the baby enters the world in December. For now, the anticipation and joy that fills you will translate into some amazing art for sure! I'm glad you got my ATC in the mail okay. I'm happy to have participated. I hope that you have a Happy Mother's day!

deb said...

What wonderful news Marilyn, congratulations to you all :o)

Love your artwork, fantastic colours as always.

Sanja said...

beautiful news,Marilyn. congratulation !!!!!

hugs
Sanja

ps: love your collage.:-)))

Viola said...

What wonderful news, Marilyn! Congratulations, granny!! :o)
Your collage looks great! Love it as always!!

Femmy said...

CONGRATS Marilyn!!! What a fantastic news!!! you'll gonna be a fantastic grandma!!
great artwork to celebrate this news, love the texture and colors!!!

Carolyn Abrams said...

Oh, how exciting. I'm sure your son and daughter in law will love and treasure this work of art!

Jacky said...

Whoo Hoo !!!! Congratulations Marilyn, how exciting.
Beaurtiful canvas too.

Jacky xox

Laura Haviland said...

Grandma Marilyn, what a thrill!
So happy for you, what you have to look forward to. A whole new part of your life, to enjoy.
My very best wishes, to you.
Hugs, Laura.
Thanks for sharing.

ute said...

ohhh Marilyn, so wonderful, I love the colors and composition,

Anonymous said...

Marilyn,
Congratulations! How exciting to be a grandmother for the first time. I can only imagine what you are feeling. Enjoy this time of preparation while you await the new little one!

lindacreates said...

I am late in catching up with the blogs, but am so pleased I did! What wonderful news Marilyn. You will be the best Grandma there is! The gift to your daughter in law is beautiful. I am sure she will treasure it. God bless your family!