Friday, June 5, 2009

Cabinet Card

This is a picture of a cabinet card I altered for a friend's birthday. (no peeking Laura K - HA!)

I have so many surfaces I love to create on and I've always thought cabinet cards were way up there, for me, to work on. I love the matboard-type surface and altering the images, a bit, to create a whole new "story".

We are approaching another weekend and I wish you all a safe, joyous, and artful weekend.

I will be involved with an event, here in Albany, this weekend, called Art on Lark and am really looking forward to the day.

Thinking of you all..........................Love, Marilyn xxoo

10 comments:

Patti Sandham said...

This is gorgeous! Laura is going to LOVE IT!

Diane J. Evans said...

Good luck with Art on Lark this weekend, Marilyn -- I know you're going to be a smash hit! And this piece is lovely -- Laura is a lucky gal!

Diane

Patti G. said...

Marilyn,
Ohhhhhhhh your altered cabinet card is awesome and Laura will love it!!!!!!! I too, enjoy cabinet cards very much! Just the thought of the vintage piece being someone who had a full life and all, very special to reuse them and make them artful!

Good luck with your Art show today!!!!!!!!!! FUN!
Hugs,Patti

Elizabeth said...

Laura Certainly will love this piece!! Lucky girl!!
The piece in the previous post is really stunning Marilyn!! you do so inspire me!!
hugs and good luck with your show!!
Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this Marilyn! The background and elements added are just perfect. Cabinet cards are so great to play with!

Sanja said...

fabulos cabinet card,Marilyn!
have a nice day!
xo
Sanja

ute said...

so great, a wonderful altered cabinet card

Gaby Bee said...

Your cab card is gorgeous. Love the whole layout! I'm sure Laura will adore it!
Gaby xo

vintage wil said...

This is gorgeous !!!

Viola said...

Awesome card, Marilyn! Love it!!