Sunday, June 7, 2009

Photo Fun..................



A couple of weekends, ago, a friend and I decided to head down to an historical section of our city to take some photos to use in our artwork. I really am on a mission to use more of my own photos/images in my art to really make my work my own.

The first picture, here, is one of the original shots I took of a very old historic building. I really loved this shot of the basement window with these potted pansies in front against the very healthy ivy background.

The second photo is of this original that I uploaded into my Photoshop Elements program and had some fun with.

Hope you are all enjoying your weekend and I wish you a safe and great start to the coming week. Boy; weekends go fast don't they? :)

Love - Marilyn xxoo

7 comments:

Carol Q said...

ooh, like that Marilyn, very effective. I'm a PSE beginner but it's fascinating what you can do.

Patti G. said...

Marilyn, This is really beautiful! I love the photo and what you did with it! The children in the window, the pots aged, the change in color for the bricks! All beautiful!
Hugs,Patti

Carolyn Abrams said...

hi marilyn, i really like what you did with the photo and the concept of using them to make the works more of your own. Very nice!! carolyn

Poetic Artist said...

I really like this.. I do not have ps and I said I would never use it but all you guys are making me change my mind..
Katelen

Jacky said...

I love your altered images...I keep meaning to play around in photoshop, but find it really daunting!

Your photos look amazing, will be fun seeing them in your art.

Jacky xox

Patti Sandham said...

Love your photo of the window. And such a cool idea to add the figures to the window. Portals are so interesting and mysterious.

Cheer

Barb said...

Hi Marilyn,
Don't know how you work this photo magic, wish I could visit you one afternoon and watch ya at work! :)
Barb