
Hello Everyone! I am starting off, this week, with a Blog giveaway that I "hope" you will participate in :)
I am offering my Angel of Hope work as my Blog giveaway along with a collage pack. All the collage images, in the packet, will symbolize something hopeful.
I know I have shared a picture of this piece in a previous post but thought, for the giveaway, I would share it again. It is an 8 x 10 on canvas. I have decided not to share a picture of the accompanying collage pack, as I felt that should be a surprise :)
All you have to do, to participate, is leave a comment, here, to enter in the drawing. If you are unable to comment on my Blog, you can email me privately. (Artbeliever@gmail.com).
The deadline for entering is Monday, March 15, 2010. The winner will be announced on Tuesday, March 16th. I "Hope" you will all play :)
The onset of Spring always turns my thoughts to "Hope"; of a new beginning, the awakening of sleeping plants, shrubs, trees, and flowers, and also the unknown - the new year and letting time take me to new ventures, friendships and possibilities.
Also; many of you, who left comments, in earlier posts have inquired about my Blog banner photo. I do wish that was my home but it is not. I could fit a lot more art supplies in that house - lol! In my area, we have a historic district that we call The Stockade. I love to go down there and take photos of the old homes and what they offer. This banner photo is one of the homes, in that Stockade district, and the blue is the true color of the gate and all. I took that photo in late summer a few years ago and it's been my favorite. I have used that in a couple of my paintings. Thank you for your comments on it.
I "Hope" you are all well and safe; had a great weekend and may this coming week offer you the "Hope" of spring and what's to come.
Thank you all for your support, here, you all offer me "Hope" that I can continue to use the wings you've given me to continue on our artful journey, together, for a very long time.
Much love always - Marilyn xxoo
66 comments:
Marilyn, as always your art is soooo inspiring. I also love your new header on your blog.. Hope you have a great week..
I love your comments on Hope and Spring...as I was driving to work this morning I was looking at all the trees hoping I would see some signs of Spring.... I also love your new header...looks like I'll be taking a journey to the Stockade with my camera...
wow..what a wonderful give away. please count me in and i'm going to "hope" i win!
What a wonderful painting, and we´re all in need of some hope! May Spring come soon!
Oh I would love to win this piece of art. Thats so nice of you Marilyn to do such a big give away.
such an inspiring and beautiful piece...thanks for offering the giveaway!
gwenny
http://creationsfromanenigmaticsoul.blogspot.com/
Marilyn, this would be awesome to win this. I have done so many of these giveaways and have yet to walk away with anything--I have my fingers crossed :)
what a lovely piece and a great giveaway! xo
What a fantastic idea! I love your painting "hope". It's really a wonderful giveaway. Have a nice day Marilyn. Hugs Alexandra
I love the header and the art! Very beautiful. It certainly feels like spring is on the way with these temperatures and the buds on the ends of tree branches.
Marilyn, your HOPE angel is a fantastic piece to share with us!
How wonderful of you!
Count me in and "H"appiness
"O"pportunity
"P"assion
"E"nergy
These are all things that come from ART! You are a generous heart!
Sending hugs,Patti
Oh, Marilyn! You're absolutely correct - everyone could use a bit of hope these days, and your Hope is gorgeous! Hugs, Terri xoxo
I agree with you Marilyn, spring is full of hope, a rebirth, an awakening and new beginnings. Keep up the great work on your blog. I love what you do and what you share with us.
Previous comment, I forgot to tell you I posted it to my blog.
see here
Marilyn I love your post and Hope is a new beginning.Such a beautiful decription,I enjoyed reading your thoughts.Your Hope Angel is so lovely. You are such a positive inspiration to us all.
I always get a big smile,visiting your blog.
Please count me in your generous giveaway, what a super idea.
Thank you.
Love you lots, Hugs, Laura. xoxx
Another beautiful piece, Marilyn! And it really does send out a hopeful vibe. I also liked what you wrote about Spring (my very favorite season!). Thanks for the give-away opportunity!
Oh wow this is absolutely gorgeous.
Stunning work and design. I´m a big fan from your outstanding work.
How nice of you to do a giveaway just because and with such a beautiful piece. Wouldn't we all like a house
like the one in the photo with the charming seen and unseen garden no doubt. Somehow those hidden courtyards are so intriguing.
Happy Monday!
Thank you so much for the chance to be the lucky winner of your lovely HOPE canvas Marilyn!
Sharing HOPE and your art is a beautiful thing.
The promise of spring is definitely in the air :)
oxo
Hi Marilyn,
Oh, I luv this piece and so "hope" I am the lucky winner.
As always, thank you for your generous giveaway!
I too have admired your current blog header - so inviting.
Wishing you and artful day.
Barb
What a beautiful piece of Hope you are sharing with us!! I adooore your work Marilyn, and the hope you share with us with your every post! Hugs!
You are always amazing!!
Great post and what a gorgeous canvas. I loved your post, thanks for sharing ;o)
Love your thoughts on hope and spring! Gorgeous give away!
thanks for offering such a beautiful giveaway. i love the Stockade too...definitely a cool place to find inspiration!
I love Hope. The concept and painting both "spring eternal."
I hope you never quit blogging. I was having withdrawals while your computer was in the shop.
Marilyn, Oh, girlfriend, I was so happy when I opened your blog to find you were giving away this piece.....I so want it and can image it on my wall in my studio....Beside, the give away, I can honestly say I enjoy coming to your blog everyday to see what you are creatiing. Since I have started my journey in art journaling, you have been such an encouragement to me and I appreciate that so much...You are a dear and I am so glad our paths have crossed....
Have a wonderful and blessed day,
Butterfly
beautiful collage, Marilyn, and a wonderful inspiring theme!
I first looked at your blog because of two things. The name "in my room" because that is exacatly where I am. And your name...because I am a Marilyn too. But you have inspired and given HOPE and now you are my favorite blog. Thanks for that.
Hope
Overrules
Past
Errors
not to bad considering it is Monday!
Marilyn you give all of us "Hope" and inspiration. I love your art pieces and would be thrilled to be entered in this give away. I do see hope that Spring is on it's way. Yesterday was the most gorgeous day with sunshine and today dark dreary and raining. I am happy that the new buds of Spring are getting a fresh drink of water. Happy Hopeful Week to you...
Marilyn, what a great giveaway! Wow!
Thank you for that and I also want to thank you for all your kind comments on my blog! I have high regards for your artwork and your comments are much appreciated!!
Cheers
MARTINA xxx
Oh gosh, this is so amazing! Hope is beautiful, always love visiting your blog.
debby
Oh Marilyn, what a wonderful give-away! I love this painting and what it represents. What a generous gift. Thank you for including me in a chance for winning your giveaway. I enjoyed your interview in your last post.
HI Marilyn,
Given that I am already the owner of a Rock original, I would forfeit if I won, but I wanted to say what a lovely angel. Great wings.
What would we do without hope, just couldn't survive without it! Beautiful piece, I'm hopeful :-)
Love your work! I'm so glad I found your blog! I hope you don't mind if I put you on my blog list.
I could use a little hope in my life now. Thank you for the inspiration.
I am enjoying your artist interviews, thank you for doing this.
Sharon Sams
Of course I will leave a message because I "hope" I will win this beautiful painting. You have a way of capaturing my intrigue and your colors always motivate me to work on something right away.
thanks for all you do Marilyn for all of us who follow you.
Love the piece and the message. I think we're all looking forward to spring. I love the wings on this gal.
You are so generous Marilyn, this piece of work for your give away is beautiful and I can vouch for the fact that your collage packs are wonderful...so many interesting papers, texture, images and sooo much more.
As I won the last give away, please dont put my name down for this one, but I just wanted to say how I enjoyed this post on 'Hope' and spring.
Wishing you a wonderful, creative week.
Jacky xox
Thanks for these thoughts, Marilyn! Hope indeed! New beginnings, longer days, sap running and sugar houses steaming away. Love it!
Jane
This is a beautiful work Marilyn- your inspiring thoughts on hope are encouraging- Spring is on its way to lighten the load of winter!
Marilyn
You always inspire. Hope what a beautiful word..
Love,
Katelen
What a wonderful blog you have- your thoughts, people you introduce us to, and your generous way of sharing your techniques and art journey. You've always been so supportive to me and I am very grateful. Here's hoping that spring rolls out to be a season of wonder and continued creativity for you. Would love to participate in your amazing "hope" artwork for your giveaway. Cheers to you!
Marilyn, you are so right, we all need hope all the way,
it is a soo great fun, to see your wonderful artwork
what a generous giveaway Marilyn!!!
have a great day!!
What a generous giveaway, Marilyn!
I think this is one of my favorites, you have done! I love it since I first saw it :-)
Please count me in. Thanks for the opportunity to win such a lovely prize!
Marilyn, that is soooo generous of you!! I love the "Angel of Hope" portrait!!! Please count me in.
Marlynn my friend, how fantastic it would be to win this piece, hope is something i believe in and would so love to win it as i love your beautiful collage work on this she is lovely
Hope you are well my friend
by the way, i now give freebies on tuesdays and wednesdays at my other blog if you want them. Just thought i would mention it so you dont miss out http://dezinaworld.blogspot.com/
Hugs June xxxx
This is beautiful, Marilyn! You bring us all hope!
Marilyn, Please put my name in the hat! This is a truly gorgeous piece of art! What a treasure! Thank you so much~ Ann
Marilyn, Please put my name in the hat! This is a truly gorgeous piece of art! What a treasure! Thank you so much~ Ann
Marilyn, your angel series is so beautiful and we all need a little hope. It is very generous of you to have it be a giveaway.
Hi Marilyn,
i would love to be in your drawing for this wonderful piece of art! What a sweet idea to share hope!
I hope you have a great day!
It is early morning and I accidently
found your blog on a google alert,
I looked at the picture of of your
Freida Kahlo blue gate and then
your soul filled altered art and
am inspired. It took me a while to
find passwords etc to get on your blog to post a comment.But it was
worth thanking you for starting my
day.
Elizabeth and Bluebeard led me to your wonderful site. I'm an artbeliever Too! Hope leads us forward!
I just found out about your blog through Elizabeth and Bluebeard. It is great. I will follow you now. Thanks also for the opportunity to win such a lovely collage piece.
Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving comments. You're very kind.
I also "hope" I win this give away! What a generous thing to offer!
Your tutorials are really interesting.
Barb
What a beautiful giveaway!!!!!
have a great sunday!!!
Marilyn - your blog is stunning and I love your art work. I found you over at Elizabeth's blog, Altered Book Lover. I would be honored to win your giveaway.
she is so pretty - I'd love to have her in my studio
Well, good, golly, gerdy, I think I am late for the giveaway. Today, is the 15th of March. Well, this is my first time at your blog. I love the little painting you have. I am looking around still. Keep up the good work. Art is wonderful. Hugs, Francine
Wow Marilyn - this is so generous of you - a beautiful collage that would look spectacular in my studio! Hoping....
The district where you took the photo must be an inspiration to have so handy...I love that blue.
It reminds me of Greece.
Ow i hope so I did not miss it I would like it game :))
Marika
Post a Comment