Wednesday, March 24, 2010

"The Homecoming"


I worked on another angel that was calling, to me, yesterday. She is the "Homecoming Angel".

The inspiration, for her, came from some contentment I've been feeling lately. Contentment in feeling "rooted". I won't go into a lot of details but I spent a lot of my growing up moving from one place to another; even into my early adulthood stage.

I remember my son asking me a long time ago for me to take him to see my "family home". Well; I told him he'd be in for a heck of a ride around the city-lol!

But; it was all meant to be and my earlier days and nights have led me to, here, right where I am now and I wouldn't trade it for anything! I feel so blessed to have a beautiful family support and my baby granddaughter has certainly enhanced all of our lives. My friends; both here and online - I just can't say enough on how wonderful the connections are that I've made through my art which was waiting for me all along. I have many gifts and I'm one very fortunate woman!

So; now I'm "home" and rooted - this is where I belong and will stay. I had to express these feelings with this "Homecoming Angel" as no matter where she began her flight, where it has taken her, she is able to fly home and know she's comforted there and totally be who she is. She has finally landed. :)

Thank you all for your friendships, words of support and maybe this is why I began my angel series. You all have helped me earn my wings! Thank you!

Be safe and hope your week is being good to you.

Happy Spring! Much love......................Marilyn xxoo

25 comments:

Janny said...

Wonderful collage! Great post, thanks for sharing;o)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

One of the many things I love about coming to your blog is your insight. You always share such a meaningful and thought provoking post.

I would be happy in this home, too. The details are incredible, from the house with its tree in the background, to the gate that is almost transparent. When I saw the gate, I thought it was there to direct the lovely angel home, but not there to disrupt her entry. Maybe I see more significance to the gate than you placed on it, after all, art is subjective, but it was very symbolic to me. Wonderful art, wonderful post (as usual).

sharon said...

This is really beautiful Marilyn. especially knowing now about your roots!! I love all the layers I see, and the depth!

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

> I had to express these feelings with this "Homecoming Angel"<

Yes I can feel that too!Your "Homecoming Angel Card" expressed it perfect.Her active and positive posture looking on the house and the surrounding said "I'm home, I'm back, here I'm, here will I stay"...

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful, heartfelt post.
The collage is wonderful and you are too.

Sandy said...

OMG what a fabulous collage and painting canvas. Love this scene. Gorgeous.

Debby said...

Marilyn your Homecoming Angel is gorgeous, what a beautiful piece. I enjoyed reading your story and I am thrilled your are so happy and content.
Hugs,
Debby

Diane said...

What a wonderful piece of art and post!!

~*~Patty S said...

Very touching and oh so beautiful, nothing is better than heART art.
Your canvas is wonderful in so many ways ... I would Love some wings and a red dress like that ... imagining a cup of tea in the garden of your house too ;)
You are so right about the special connections here in the land of blog ... how lucky are we to have people that "get us" drop in for a visit ... so often feeling like a big warm hug!!!
oxo

Dianne said...

She's beautiful as is her home... I lived in the same house my parents lived in when I was born until I was 25... My Dad and brother still live there. I've lived in several places since then... Bruce and I will find our forever home someday...

Createology said...

How lovely your newest angel is. She has butterfly wings and has brought you to a lovely home with warm cookies baking in the kitchen. Your artwork is very meaningful and it speaks so well of you. Happy creating...

Yvonne said...

Wonderful homecoming angel, Marilyn!

Jill Zaheer said...

Another super Angel painting in your angel series. I keep looking at it and am thinking that I actually see a touch of Americana in it- the beautiful deep seated home, the fence in front, the pensive woman looking at her home. Love the texture of the clouds and colors! Beautiful simplicity- the feel of home!

Evidence of an Artistic Life said...

I love this angel-love to hear what inspired you to create-you and your art make me feel so good!

Patti Sandham said...

Hi Marilyn,

Your heart and soul show in your work. What a great post. I have been enjoying your confidence and growth in your portraits. And your journal pages are awesome!

Happy arting!
hugs

Rhonda said...

This is a wonderful and inspiring piece, Marilyn. I love your artwork and have enjoyed finding your blog. The journal project is calling to me! Thank you for following my blog and I will be back often to see your wonderful work. Cheers!

johanna said...

thank you for sharing all these thoughts with us... i´m so happy for you that you have found your "base". i´m sure little sophia has a bit to to with it:)
your art piece is wonderful, as always!!

Patti G. said...

Marilyn, this is just lovely and I find it wonderful that your feeling of contentment shines through your piece! The artwork is stunning and I am loving the touches of RED that pop with her dress and the flowers in the front! Beautiful, just like you.....inside and out!
Hugs,Patti

Laura Haviland said...

Marilyn this is truly lovely.
I love the angels, your are creating so much, so special.
I loved reading your post, so comforting. You have such a talent as well for writing such lovely stories of life. I love them and your stunning artwork.
Lots of love, Hugs Laura. xoxx
I hope you keep creating Angels, so much imagination.

Martina said...

Dear Marilyn,
your "Homecoming Angel" is just adorable! I'm always amazed at your creativity and your creations :)
Wish you a wonderful weekend.
Cheers
MARTINA :-)

Diane J. Evans said...

This work truly speaks to me, Marilyn -- a masterpiece!

Diane

Cindy McMath said...

Marilyn, this is absolutely beautiful!

Cindy :)

Marlynn said...

OH, Marilyn, how special this post. Gave me the goosebumps just reading it. WE do always know when we are home. It is our nest, our place, our warming spot. Love your post and your homecoming angel. So wonderful to know we can always fly home! ; )

fran pascazio said...

I love, love, love this piece Marilyn.....without one word it says so much. I can almost feel what the angel is thinking. It's truly inspiring....

Anonymous said...

This is really a spiritual piece.. I think.. it is so calming.. love it Marilyn..