Saturday, March 20, 2010

Some Journal Spreads......................

As I've mentioned in earlier posts, I have been teaching an art journal workshop, here in my local area, along with my dear friend Kerri Posson. We've been having a blast sharing some of the things we've learned along the way with some very special people in our lives.

Kerri and I offered a two-part workshop and have had to add a third part which is coming up in a couple of weeks. We all decided we wanted to finish our journals together as a group :)

Once our Part III session is completed, I will be sharing student journal works on my Blog, here, so you can see the amazing spreads of our students' journals. Kerri and I are in awe of how they've taken off with this personal expression. We handmade our journals out of watercolor paper with a sewn-in binding.

I thought I'd share a few pictures of some of the spreads in my own journal. I have had to work on them, at home, as when I'm teaching, my focus is on the students and not working in my own. Kerri and I offer demonstrations of background, painting, stenciling, stamping, transfer techniques and then assist students with what they've learned to add to their journals. It's really been a wonderful experience, for me. Kerri and I share the same enthusiasm for teaching art and we have so many ideas and plans for future workshops together. I've linked Kerri's Blog (above) and when you have time, check out her art! She's one creative art chick, not only with her artwork but her words! She has a keen sense of humor :)

Hope you are all experiencing wonderful weather and get some art time in for your weekend. I'll be catching up on my blog visiting over this weekend. I can't wait to see your new creations!

Be safe and much love to you all! -Marilyn xxoo

35 comments:

Caterina Giglio said...

yummy spreads Marilyn! love the hummer! my first day of spring looks just like my first day of winter! a fresh 10 inches of snow!! LOL!

Sandy said...

Oh wow wow wow wow your work is really facinating.
Wonderful pages. Love them.

Patti G. said...

These are just gorgeous spreads Marilyn! I enjoyed enlarging them and seeing them BIGGER and better! :0) More details when you do that! FANTASTIC!!!!!

Thanks for sharing! Just very inspiring as always!
Hugs,Patti

Dianne said...

You journal is beautiful... What a wonderful thing to teach!

Moniqui said...

Beautiful pages! I love the second one with the lettering!

jgr said...

Beautiful journal spreads, and the class sounds wonderful!! Your students are very fortunate.
Happy Spring to you!

Anonymous said...

Your angels are wonderful Marilyn. What fun to be teaching a class. Can't wait to see what your student's do.

johanna said...

now this is beyond words!!!
love your new blogheader, too!

peggy gatto said...

What an adventure of color and design!
Well done!!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

These spreads are so full of color and energy. I'm glad you shared these, because they are like a breath of spring in my snow filled gray world. Have a stupendous weekend and kiss that precious Sophia.

Terri Kahrs said...

Gorgeous spreads, Marilyn! Your lucky students are in for a treat!!! Hope you have a wonderful weekend! Hugs, Terri xoxo

Marlynn said...

Marilyn - I so love the variety of your journaling spreads. If I were local, I would be signed up for your class. I, too, am so happy you shared your journaling! hugs,

Buffy said...

I'm loving all of them.Thats nice that you're going to finish them as a group. Sounds like fun,i wish I could have took your workshop.

Yvonne said...

I'm lovin these journal pages, Marliyn!

Createology said...

Your journal is amazing. What a wonderful way to try lots of different techniques. I think you and Kerri Jean make a great team for teaching. Drat I live too far away to take your classes. Happy creating...

Carol Q said...

ooh, these pages are wonderful Marilyn . the close ups are really worth a look to get all the detail

sharon said...

These are gorgeous Marilyn! Makes me want to get out my journal right now, which I have left left go, but not forgotten! I love your style! I just can't get over these .....Beautiful and so inspiring!

Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings... said...

Hi Marilyn...Nice to find you and your Mixed- Media blog.
I've been dabbeling in mixed-media myself...
I've enjoyed looking through your work!
Fabulous.
So nice to find another artful blog
Looking forward to getting to know you better!
xoxo~Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings...
Stop in when time allows...love to have you visit!

Jacky said...

Marilyn your journal classes look and sound wonderful...I'm looking forward to seeing what the girls you and Kerri are teaching have created.
Sounds like you two make a great pair.

Jacky xox

vintage wil said...

Really beautiful work!!!

Laura Haviland said...

These are awesome Marilyn.
What a great teacher you are.
I love the bright cheery colors.
Wow !!
Enjoy your day.
Love you bunches.
Hugs,Laura.
P.S. Enjoy your special time with Sophia,dear Grandma.xoxx

Martina said...

Marilyn, it´s always a joy to visit you and your artwork and fabulous blog! You have such a wonderful way of creating art that I just love! Keeps me returning to see what you will do next.

ute said...

what a wonderful artwork, the beautiful colors and design

I love your new blogheader
wish you a nice week

glitterBugStudios said...

Wonderful pages miss Marilyn. I have been meaning to start my own journal. Just never seem to find the time...

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

Love your imaginative pages full of so many amazing details.
Hugs Anja

Diane J. Evans said...

Great pages -- I hope to take a class from you one of these days!

Diane

Lisa said...

Marilyn, I love these journal pages! How fun it must be to teach others to do what you love!

Lovey said...

Marilyn...I love your art! I also love when you use beeswax. I was looking for your picturetrail site that use to host some of your beeswax pieces. I know that it's gone but do you have another gallery available? Hugs Lovey...

Femmy said...

fantastic spreads Marilyn!!! so much to see!!

Debby said...

Hi Marilyn,
I simply love all of your pages, they are perfectly gorgeous.
Debby

Kerri Jean said...

Gorgeous pages Marilyn. I love this part of the journal process, where images and words and details all come together in this amazing way. You're soooo talented!!!!!

~*~Patty S said...

some very inspiring journal pages for certain!
I have missed playing in my art journal!
very inspiring!
oxo

Lynne said...

Marilyn, your journal pages are beautiful!! I love all of the attention to details!! It seems that were all in the same boat...we all live to far to attend one of your classes!!

Looking forward to seeing the students creations!!

Janny said...

Gorgeous pages! I envy your students;o)

Viola said...

These pages are so great!!