
I thought I would share, with you, that today I had an art opening at a local venue. It is The Jonesville Store in Clifton Park, NY owned and operated by Jean Travis. It's a marvelous spot and we're really happy to have this wonderful venue in our area.The Jonesville Store offers delicious gourmet food and treats as well as a beautiful art gallery above the restaurant.A dear friend, of mine, Carole Fults and I were participating artists in an art exhibit, there, and today was the "meet and greet" event for the artists. We had a great showing and got some hugs from some friends and met some new people.
I was thrilled that, through this venue, I sold a painting of mine that I am sharing the picture, here, as well as an "altered" picture of me with the sold piece. I say altered because I have such trouble and discomfort having my picture taken but thought it would be nice to share. I used a photoshop filter to alter my photo :). The second picture is a photo of the original works that I called "Winter Walk". I was very moved by the fact that the person who purchased this piece was taken with it and wanted to have it hang in her home. It's always a thrill to sell a piece of art to someone who really appreciates it and has meaning to them on a personal level.
Hope you all are enjoying your weekend, have a safe and happy upcoming week. Again; coming on April 1st will be my Guest Artist of the Month post.
Much love to all...........................Marilyn xxoo
28 comments:
Congratulations! There's no greater thrill than to sell a piece of your work to someone who appreciates what you were trying to say -- how delightful!
Diane
Oh you clever thing you!! I love the idea of altering a self portrait, but then why do we feel uncomfortable about pictures of ourselves????? HMMMMMMM, cultural pressures of not fitting micro thin steriotypes- for me at least!! LOVE your WINTER WALK- no question as to why it sold!!!! Congratulations!!!
Hugs!
E
Marilyn dear,
Your artwork piece sold and I am so happy for you and the new owner! How fun to have someone be touched by something you created and now be able to have it as their own! Wheeeeeeeee!
Your altered picture of you and the artwork is super! Though I would love to see you either way,any way!
Hugs,Patti
The painting is wonderful... Congrats on selling it... especially to someone that really loves it.
Marilyn, this is sooo wonderful! I am so happy for you, and I know the feeling exactly...don't you just love when someone "gets it". Your work is marvelous, and so deserving of this showing!!
How exciting!!! What a thrill so sell a piece of your work at the exhibtion and to know that the person has a special place for it in their home.
Beautiful artwork (and I like your photoshopping!).
Jacky xox
I am absolutely thrilled about your show and the fact that you've already sold one of your pieces! What a great feeling, Marilyn! Congratulations! Hugs, Terri xoxo
How wonderful for you! Congrats!
This piece is beautiful. Congratulations on selling this lovely piece. I can see why it sold. It is quite moving.
Your photoshopped image is so clever. Digital art is certainly the current artistic thing. And it makes you so colorful, too!
Congratulations. Your work is absolutely unique and special. Fabulous.
what a wonderful event this must have been, congratulations!! love your artpiece and the altered one, too!
Oh Marilyn congrats,what a great feeling,it makes all the hard work worth it. I love the piece that you sold. Its beautiful.
Congratulations. How exciting to know that your work is going to someone who truly loves it and the altered photo, so cool. I feel that same way about those photos - isn't photoshop grand!
I love this, Marilyn and envy you--this is what I would really like to do. I hate to have my picture taken too!
Congratulations on the art show Marilyn and it is no surprise whatsoever that someone would want to own a piece of your artwork. Winter Walk is wonderful as is your altered photo. It sounds like you had a weekend to remember! I'm sure this is only the beginning for you at the Jonesville Store ... all the best to you!
oxo
Congratulations, dear Marilyn!
Your painting is so fantastic and I`m happy with you that you`ve sold one of your wonderful artwork.
Congratulations on your art meet and greet and sale. How wonderful to meet people who enjoy art and especially ones who admire it so much they take it home with them. You are too funny with your "altered" picture. You look beautiful beneath all that photoshop. Happy creating...
Wow, Marilyn, I would buy that piece to hang in my home. I love it. In fact, I love all your art. Congratulations and I do love your altered photo! Silly, girl......
Oh Congratulations so talent Marilyn !!!
I am just tickled you sold a piece of your beautiful artwork. What a treasure to enjoy...
Your self portait is the coolest it is totally dazzling and awesome.I love it so much.I get what you mean about picture's of yourself, I am the same. haha
The portiait picture is just perfect and love the filtered color, so clever you are.
Fabulous,fabulous and fabluous.
So very pleased for sweet you.
Love and Hugs Laura. xoxx
Congratulations on the sale of your beautiful piece of work. And, it is lovely to see your photo too x
Marilyn, congrats on your first show and on selling your art piece!! I can understand why the new owner was quite taken with it!! It's gorgeous!! I love the textures & colors!! The bright orange is such a great pop against the snow!!!
Love the 'altered' photo of you!! Such a smart idea...might have to use that!! LOL
Marilyn,
Big congrats on selling your beautiful piece of art! How exciting that is! Wish I lived closer! I loved the altered pic - who cares why you did it! You go girl!
such a wonderful and beautiful work i see here
How wonderful on your sale!!! It is such a pleasure to see how much you have grown as an artist and watch you find your footing in sharing it with the rest of the world. I am SO proud of you, M!! Hope you have a wonderful Easter with your family... we are having our first big family dinner here in the new (old) house in CT - I think Mom and Dad would approve! xox Deb
I can't believe I haven't visited sooner. I love these pieces and even your altered photo. I think today being what it is, I'm going to take a ride up to the Jonesville store for a peek myself.
Thank you Marilyn for always being my friend. Love you and your art.
such beautiful artwork!! love it!!
Congratulations!Beautiful work! Have a great weekend;O)
that you include the background history of the artists you showcase. How interesting that she moved to the country and lives on a farm. The festive dolls with their variations and intricate detail and themes are inspiring!I just checked out her blog! I can envision them printed in black and white and having them used in a coloring book fashion as well!
Post a Comment