Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Journal time....................................:)



I took some time, today, to work on some journal pages. I have more to write on them but, right now, the words escape me :) I strongly want the connection to show through of the heart on the figure and the crow.

The photos, beginning with the top, are of the left side of the spread and I decided to filter it in photoshop for fun :). The middle photo is the whole spread and the last is of the right side of the journal spread.

The background was created using watercolors with sea salt sprinkled in.

The tree branches are a hunka chunka stencil that I recently purchased and I love it! It's huge and can be used for many things. The prompt for this page was using one of something so I wanted to use this new stencil.

Thank you for all of your supportive comments on my altered chair (below). It really means a lot, to me, to have your feedback. I couldn't do without your friendships and support!

Hope you're all having a good beginning to this new week. I'm thinking of you all!

Love, Marilyn xxoo

27 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Beautiful journal pages, Marilyn. Love the crows and the one on her waist (belt?) is so special. Your art is great and the words will come when they are ready. Be sure you don;t force anything or it will sound phony or contrived.

Happy Tuesday.

Diane said...

This comes together so well--where did you get the stencil--can you get it online?--I love it!

Lori Saul said...

Oh your crow song journal work is fantastic- this has to be one of my favorites of yours- gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

I love the detail of her collar and belt. And your crow, so good. Lovely journal pages Marilyn.

Carol Q said...

I think your picture says plenty Marilyn.

Debbie said...

Very nice journal page Marilyn. I especially like your background idea with the salt on watercolor. I'll have to try that!

Elizabeth said...

I love the filter effect, but you loose the salt effect with the filter!!! Salt is such fun to paly with and the way you ahve used it is wonderful. One of the reasons that I ahve getting started witha journal is fretting about what to write- SO DON"T fret!!!!!your art is beautiful without any extra words!!!!

Diane J. Evans said...

Your paintings speak volumes, even without words to accompany them. So thought-provoking and peaceful.

Diane

Dianne said...

Love her and the crow... very inspiring journal spread!

Debby said...

Marilyn, I simply adore these pages, they are so beautiful.
Debby

Createology said...

I love your journal pages. I would not have thought of the sea salt for the background. Your words will come when you least expect them. Happy journaling...

Anonymous said...

What incredibly beautiful blog you have! My compliments!

A footprint from Agneta & Sweden

Sandy said...

Love the quality of this beautiful painting work~!~
the colors are yummy too~!!~
definately a favorite of mine~!~

Jacky said...

Gorgeous journal pages Marilyn and I love that new stencil (would like to know more about them...havent seen them here in Australia).

Love the crows.

Jacky xox

HeARTworks said...

I think I'm going to try the watercolor with salt - came out very interrresting!

Diane said...

Hi Marily, thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog--always!! And yes I did get the website,and you know what? I already had the site bookmarked. Someone was showing some other stencils on Suzi's site, and it's the same site--I love all of these stencils.

Patti G. said...

Beautiful journal pages from the background of sea salt and the sweet stencil and your image altered and the crows! LOVE them and even on her little belt! Truly terrific without any extra wording! <3
Hugs,Patti

Yvonne said...

Gorgeous journal page, Marilyn! I love the little crow on her belt!

sharon said...

Marilyn...I am at a loss for words already! This is stunning and amzing, so real. You capture a moment in time!

johanna said...

this is such a wonderful spread! love the salt effect and the stencil is great! and of course always love crows!!

Caterina Giglio said...

love love love the crows and the quote, great pages!

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

I'm excited once more. It's absolutly enchanting, your creation is unique your beautiful style. It seems alive! So sorry, I don't have the right words, my english is from scool and that is long time ago. *g* But I love your art work!
Hugs Anja

Laura Haviland said...

Marilyn the connection is loud and clear. Wow these are just "above" fabulous. I just adore these so much, I think have a favorite then you create these beauties.LOL
I cannot say enough,I love watching your progress and it is awesome.
I just love all the elements you have included,you have nail this bang on wonderful my friend.
So special and they tell a beautiful story.
Love you lots,Hugs Laura. xoxx
Enjoy !!

Buffy said...

I just love that stencil you used and your pages are gorgeous,really love the background too.Everything just flows together nicely.

~*~Patty S said...

Your beautiful Crow Song pages really speak to me ... together in spirit ... WOW Marilyn!
I have been gallavanting this week and must try and get caught up with all of my favorite people!
oxo

Lynne said...

Love the use of watercolors & sea salt...this makes a stunning background! That stamp is gorgeous!! This piece def says 'Together in Spirit'....lvoe it!

Alexandra said...

Marilyn you was really bussy in the last weeks. Wow your pages and your art is fantastic.