Sunday, June 13, 2010

"A Lovely Surpise" ......


I took some time, this weekend, to work in my journal. I had some thoughts and feelings to blow out and, again, the journal is a great place to do that :)

I had such a good week, this past week, with Sophia, and she has offered me a bit of a surprise. I found a poem, that I felt fitting for my feelings, that I wrote on this journal spread. I will share it with you,here, as I'm not sure you will be able to read it on the journal page that I shared:

"A Lovely Surpise"
Life has started all over for me,
The young years of happiness
Have come again in a sweeter form
Than a mother could ever guess.
The love and devotion I gave my own child
I thought I could give no other,
But life held a lovely surprise for me....
I became a grandmother.
.................Kay Andrew

I love these photos of Sophia and she's learned to roll over and is not too far from sitting up on her own. She is 6 mos. old already! I wanted to share these with you.

Hope you are all enjoying your weekend; it is a rainy one here but I've managed to get lots done. Mowing the lawn will be the challenge as the weather has prevented me from doing so. Our yard looks like the "Little Shop of Horrors" :)

Warm and caring thoughts for all of you...............Love, Marilyn xxoo


28 comments:

Diane said...

Love the journal page, the poem, and that sweet little grandaughter--just when you thought she couldn't get any cuter! She could be a Gerber baby!

Terri Kahrs said...

What a lovely poem and soooo true, Marilyn! I always enjoy your pics of Sophia - she puts a smile in my heart! Hugs, Terri xoxo

Diane J. Evans said...

Great journal page! It expresses your love so beautifully!

Diane

johanna said...

i couldn´t believe seing sophia sitting! she is 6 months already? seems like i saw her first photos only a few weeks ago... what a cute age!!
so much beautiful art recently, marilyn! i really enjoy it!

Carol Q said...

aw, she's so cute. I'd love to hug her! LOL what a gorgeous poem

Marlynn said...

Those eyes are to die for! She is such a cutie and you such a great granny! Love how she is influencing your journaling! hugs

Kimber said...

Love the new blogger header...beautiful background papers!
And Sophia - she's a living work of art, isn't she?!?
That poem is perfect. The journal page is great.
Enjoy your time with her!

Anonymous said...

okay, for starters..let me just tell you how great your journal pages are! all of them,,the two page spreads are delicious to look at....


and speaking of delicious!...is your grandbaby every adorable! she's such a darling.....give her a squeeze from blogland!

ciao bella
creative carmelina

Patti G. said...

Marilyn, your journal page is beautiful and that little Sophia, I would be kissing her cheeks constantly!!!!!!!!!! DARLING girl!
Hugs,Patti

Debby said...

Hi Marilyn, your journal pages are really beautiful. What can I say about your beautiful Sophial, she is so sweet.
Debby

Butterfly Works said...

Marilyn, I can tell you have had an incredible week with Sophia...she is beautiful.....grandchildren bring alive a hidden song in our heart that we didn't know was there....I share your joy........

Love your journal pages; you are so talented.....

I have a questionn for you....do you know of any e classes that teach painting with colored pencils? I really like using them but need help as in all my artistic pursuits.....

Hugs and blessings

Peggy Beck said...

How sweet is little Sophia. Just beautiful as can be and so lucky to have you as a grandmother! I just know at some point she will have a paint brush in her hands.

sharon said...

Marilyn, I am running out of things to stay, the image of the woman in your journal is mesmerizing to me! Everything here is just perfect! Wishing you more and more inspiration from that cutie pie!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

That poem is perfect for how you interact with Sophia. It doesn't seem possible that she is six months old already. Time flies like crazy.

Your journal page is simply beautiful. Such rich colors and lovely face.

Sandy said...

Wow your journal page is brilliant. So wonderful work.

Thanks for the photos from Sophia. She is a darling baby.

fran pascazio said...

Thank you for sharing Sophia's pictures with us...she is really adorable. But, of course, you already know that! Also, thanks for sharing the poem...you'll know I'll be using it!!!

love ya

Buffy said...

I love that poem! Its so true. Love the journal page too and Sophia well she's just too cute.

Butterfly Works said...

Marilyn, Thanks for the information...I knew about creative workshops but did not know about the other suggestion. I got on line this morning and ordered a CD entitled" Starting Right with Colored Pencils".....
You are a sweetheart to help me out....Thanks so much.....
I can not email you personally for some reason; would you mind sending me your email, I would love to send you a personal one...
my address is BUNANNIE@Prodigy.net
Have a good day; it's been raining for two days here....need the rain but sure would like to see some sunshine....
Hugs and blessings

Createology said...

Wonderful poem for your journal page. Sophia is so beautiful. Being a grandma is like getting a brand new lease on life and enjoying all that we were too unsure of as first time moms.
Thank you Marilyn for your comforting words. Happy creating...

Sugar Lump Studios said...

your journal page is amazing! I love the colors. you are sooo talented! I also just love Sophia...she is ADORABLE! getting more precious everyday! Finally done with work for the summer...hope to catch up on life/blogging!

Martina said...

Marilyn, thanks for sharing the cute photos from lovely Sophia! She`s so cute! You can be really proud on her!
And your journal page is great! Wonderful artwork!

Femmy said...

such a beautiful journalpage Marilyn! and your granddaughter is such a sweetie!!

Anonymous said...

I see you in your painted face and I see Sophia in your face. Glad you had such a wonderful time. xox Corrine

Lori Saul said...

Well Sophia is a beautiful inspiration in more ways than one. I loved the poem and your journal art is expressive and gloriously colored!

~*~Patty S said...

How can it be that little Sophia gets cuter with each photo you post ... her cheeks are precious!
The poem is lovely and your journal pages are fantastic too!
Great new blog look too M!
oxo

Laura Haviland said...

Awesome journal page precious Mariyn. I loved the poem too, lovely.
What a little cutie Sophie, just like her Grandma.
Thank you for sharing so tender and special. Enjoy all your treasured moments, so amazing.
I missed visiting you, time is getting away lately.
Hugs, Laura. xoxx

Janny said...

Great post and what a gorgeous grand daughter;o)

Queen Bee said...

What a beautiful poem and Sophie is a beautiful baby!
Queen Bee Studio