Friday, July 23, 2010

Brush Tub and Blog Break
















I don't, at all, consider myself a "product pusher" even while teaching workshops. But I came across this neat brush tub the other day. It's made by Loew-Cornell, Inc., although there are many brands on the market. I saw this in Michael's and picked it up with my coupon. The tub is made of very heavy plastic although there are other metal ones but didn't think I wanted to invest quite that much.

Anyway; I brought it home and gave it a whirl while working on a painting. I love this tub! It comes with a nicely snug cover and as you can see from the inside picture, here, the edge has different size holes for holding brushes. At the bottom of the tub are two sections. There is a water line to guide you as to how high to fill the tub and as you can see, from the photo, on the left - there is a lined grating of sorts and this is for swiping your brush back and forth across the grating to clean off the paint on your brush. It's marvelous and works like a charm! The section on the right has areas to hold your wet brushes while you're working with others.

I do have a tendency to leave my brushes in water for awhile and I know I shouldn't. But; I really love this brush tub and had to share with all of you. You may already own one or have seen them in magazines or on the Internet.

On another note; I am going to take a Blog break for a couple of weeks. I have some art projects I have to finish for an upcoming show, I want to work on some ideas I have for future classes, here, in my area. I also signed up for a womens' artist retreat that is coming up soon. I can hardly believe it as I signed up for it at the end of winter! WOW! I'm very excited about this; it's artsy as well as time to take, for ourselves, to listen to some inspirational speakers and enjoy beautiful surroundings.

I will certainly share my experience, with all of you, on my Blog, in future post.

In meantime, all stay well and happy. Know you are all in my daily thoughts and will miss you. But..............................I will be back :)

Love and peace to all...........................Marilyn xxoo

23 comments:

johanna said...

have a great time at your retreat!! i´m sure you will come back with some surprises... let your muse guide you through summer.
oxox, johanna

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your retreat, I am sure it will be inspiring, not that you seem to need that. Thanks for sharing the brush tub, I know what you mean about leaving brushes in the water too long. We will miss you
and will look forward to seeing wonderful new paintings on your return. xox Corrine

Butterfly Works said...

Have fun and enjoy yourself...I know you will come back with lots of new ideas...You will be missed.....

The tub is a great idea; need to check it out...

Rebecca Anthony said...

Enjoy yourself and all those projects!!

Sandy said...

Oh Marilyn have a wonderful break. Enjoy the summer and have a great time. I will miss you.

Big Hugs.

Buffy said...

Awwww I'll miss you but have a great time at the retreat! And have fun making art. P.S I have the same tub and I love it too!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I know the retreat will be just the break you need. I hope it's in "cool country." I will definitely miss you. I always look forward to seeing what you have created and if you have changed your blog banner that day (grin). And here's to trying new techniques, new products (like your brush tub), and new techniques while you are away. Of course, don't forget to kiss Sophia, too!.

Laura Haviland said...

Darling Marilyn,
I will miss you so much...
I can't wait to see what you bring home.
Have a awesome time dearest friend.
Love you lots,Hugs Laura.xoxx
Your blog looks marvelous !!!!

~*~Patty S said...

I appreciate the recommendation Marilyn very much ... I never seem to stick with one jar or cut off plastic bottle for long :)

Enjoy your break, it sounds like a fun one ... you are so worth waiting for!

Happy Weekend and stay cool ... it's another scorcher here in VA ... feels like 105 +
ugh
oxo

Kimber said...

Enjoy your creative time away!

Terri Kahrs said...

Have a wonderful time on your break and at your art retreat, Marilyn!!! Can't wait to hear all about your art experiences when you return!!! Hugs, Terri

PS I've owned one of those awesome tubs and have used it for 12+ years. Couldn't paint without it!!!

Kaz said...

that brush tub looks fab!! enjoy your retreat and break, sounds like heaven. look forward to seeing you back blogging. xox

Marilyn & Jeff said...

Enjoy your art retreat - it sounds wonderful.

sharon said...

Enjoy your break Marilyn, I thionk it is good too. To step back and refocus, you will see so many NEW things!

Patti G. said...

The brush tub looks super Marilyn! Thanks for sharing....I need a good trip to Michaels!

Enjoy finishing your art pieces and also your retreat! I know that will be wwwwwonderful!!!

LOVE your new blog look too! Very YOU! :0)
Hugs,Patti

Femmy said...

Have a great time Marilyn!!
thanks for sharing your tip on the brushtub!

Sharon McGarry Sams said...

Marilyn,

I will miss you...but enjoy your time away to get creative, organized and have fun.
sharon

Peggy Beck said...

I won't miss you cause I'll be with you and I can't wait. We have waited a long time for this and I know you will help me do what it is I'm supposed to do.
See you soon.
P.S. I have one of those tubs and have used it for years too. Love it.

Caterina Giglio said...

have a great break Marilyn! I will look for this brush tub!

Createology said...

This will be a wonderful time for you to take care of you and to renew your artistic journey. I await your wisdom and sharing when you are ready. Happy creating...

fran pascazio said...

I am so jealous....retreat, what a wonderful sound! I know you will have a wonderful time. Bring home lots of inspiration....I have a similar tub - it's about 20 yrs. old, the top has been on the missing list for about 19 years. You can only imagine what it looks like!

good wishes,
fran

Sugar Lump Studios said...

Marilyn
I hope you have a wonderful time on your retreat and can't wait to see more of your art. The brush tub looks fantastic...my hubby would kiss you for sharing it. I think he tires of the paper towel and waxpaper scattered all over the counter holding brushes! :) thank you for sharing it!

Gaby Bee said...

Have a wonderful time at your retreat, Marilyn!
Enjoy your break and take care of yourself!

Gaby xo