Sunday, September 16, 2007

I'm Movin' on Down............................








to the basement! I've come to the conclusion that I just have too much art stuff; can't take any more clutter in the main part of our house!


My husband and I have been working diligently on cleaning up our basement, throwing things out and we painted the walls and floor and we decided to take part of the basement and make it into my art room! With the shelves and all, it boils down to about a 10 x 12 room.


These are some pictures, I took today, of the first set-up for my art area. I will probably change my mind a few more times until I get in the comfort zone. I still have much more to sort out and put up on the shelves and this isn't even the stamps yet! :) I apologize for the pictures being a little dark but my husband was working on the lighting at the same time. I'll have more pictures once things are set up more.



I haven't really had much desire to create art down the basement but I guess I had to get to this point where I just had to do something. It's a balancing act. I will love the idea that all my art supplies are in one area. I have wheels on my chair, even, so I can kind of "skateboard" around the floor to get to things :)


Eventually I will get some things up on the wall, I want to hang some of my artwork up as well as beautiful art pieces that I've received from friends. This will help a lot.


We will be working on getting a space heater for the area, too. I have to thank my husband and my son for helping me accomplish this. Without them, I just couldn't have done it alone!


My husband's only worry about this, is he'll never see me again. I'll be spending most of my time down in the basement. I've tried to assure him this will not happen.......hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Will it?


7 comments:

Laura said...

Looks great, Marilyn!! I think you'll be sooo happy with it when you get all done. Plus you'll have fun decorating it!

Patti G. said...

This is aaaaaaaaawesome! I think I would love it! I am sure you will too!!!!!!! WOW! Great job Ted and David too! I think when the art from friends goes up it will really feel like an ART SPACE and you will have the inspiration you need to create wonders down there! Super Marilyn! Hugs,Patti

vicci said...

May you have many wonderful art days in your basement! :-)

Anonymous said...

Marilyn...love seeing your space coming along. I also have too much stuff in my room. I can barely walk in it, lol.

Kerri Jean said...

Nice space Marilyn, and I'm glad to see that you have a window down there - that's important!!! Maybe you'll have to get a cozy recliner down ther for Ted!!!

Sanja said...

looks fantastic,Marylin!!

Viola said...

Wonderful space, Marilyn! Have a great time there!