Friday, September 14, 2007

Inch by Inch....................









These are called "inchies" or Moo cards! I recently engaged in a one-on-one exchange with a very dear friend of mine Patti Gramza. She is from Wisconsin and it's been awhile since we've engaged in an art exchange together. It was her idea that we have fun with a 3 for 3 exchange of "inchies" or Moo cards as they are also known. These are pictures of our creations for our exchange. The one on top is Patti's for me and the one on bottom is mine for Patti. I just LOVE what Patti did for me! She's an amazing artist and she really jam-packed these little "canvases" with her beautiful artwork. Thank you Patti Sweet! Don't you just love her art?

"Inchies" or "Moo" cards are similar to ATC's except they are about half the size! It's amazing how much art you can create on these little canvases.

For my "inchies", I discovered in my stash, I had these cool vintage cigarette advertising cards that I picked up a long time ago in an antique shop in Burlington, VT. They have pictures on the front of flowers but on back is the advertisement for a brand of cigarettes. I discovered that these cigarette advertisement cards are just the right size for the "inchies". Neat, huh?

I sanded the front of the card, had fun scribbling Lyra Watercolor Crayons, dipped part of a paper towel in white Gesso and swiped that over the scribbled crayon marks. I stamped over that, collaged some cool images, added more Gesso markings, and fibers!

I really loved working on these little "canvases". Would anyone else like to engage in a one-on-one exchange with these? Email me if you're interested. I'd love to do more. :)

Patti's Blog: click on link below :)

http://pattis-creations.blogspot.com/



3 comments:

Patti G. said...

Oh Marilyn, these came out FANTASTIC and I cannot wait to see them in person! Wheeeeeee!
thanks for the fun exchange!
hugs,
Patti
I hope some others take you up on your offer, as they have no idea what a great gift having some of your art is! Wheeeeee!

Anonymous said...

These are all awesome :o)

Kerri Jean said...

These are great Marilyn. I just suggested to Melissa that we should do a class on inchies, except that I thought they were 1-inch square - but I like this rectangle shape better!!! Love em!!!