This is a picture of a wool purse I needle felted. I love needle felting! It is so relaxing, to me, and I don't have to count anything while I'm doing it. Knitting and crocheting never worked for me but this felting! WOW! I just love the colors of wool; it's like painting and all you need are a handful of tools :)
This particular purse took me a bit to do; due to my schedule, this week, and I'm getting ready for an art show and thought it would be cool to add some felted purses as fall is approaching.
I finished felting the purse and I even felted the little ball decoration that is attached to the zipper handle. That is a challenge.
My problem arose when I discovered, while taking the picture of the purse, that the zipper is broken!! Geesh! the slide piece is off the track and I cannot get it back. This is very frustrating, to me, as I became rather attached to this piece as it did take me awhile to felt it plus I love the image that I transferred onto fabric. Darn it!
Does anyone have any ideas on how I can fix this? I don't sew and I'm trying to come up with an imaginative way to make a closer for the purse. I think I can rip the zipper out okay.
I'd appreciate any suggestions you have! I just thought this would be a fun little challenge on my Blog. I love the interaction, with others, and thrive on your art!!
Have a great day! Love, Marilyn
4 comments:
Marilyn this is beautiful.. I wish I could help you with the zipper... dang it..!! You need to tell me how to make these...
hi Marilyn,
I can not help you ,but your purse is beautiful!:)
Hi Marylin,
I`m so sorry, but I couldn`t help you, too!But it is a really gorgeous purse. Love your works! :-)
Marilyn, slide the zipper tab all of the way back to the bottom of the zipper. Cut a snip into the side of the zipper that is off the track. Slip the zipper metal handle with the grooves back onto the teeth. Sometimes this works and it may be worth trying. Then you take a needle and thread and whipstitch above where you clipped the zipper and hopefully that works. The stitching keeps it from coming undone. If it doesn't, I would remove the zipper and put a magnetic purse snap in the center of the bag. Beautiful bag! Did you wet felt first or just do the whole thing by needle felting roving? Love it! Linda
Post a Comment