

I've been a little quiet the past couple of days and I will definitely get back to everyone's blogs to see what you are all up to.
I've had to take some time to begin Misty Mawn's next lesson that began on Friday. We are now getting into painting portraits. Yikes! It is extremely challenging, for me, and these are my first two attempts. I can see where I need to go out and get the correct paper as the paint was not taking very well to what I have on hand here. The first picture is on a thinner-weight watercolor paper and the second picture is on Illustration board. But; maybe this isn't so bad as this was an exercise and just as well I didn't use really good paper yet. :)
But; I'm not unhappy with the result. I'm giving myself time and it's going to take a lot of practice. This is a very intense course, for me, but I'm so happy I'm challenging myself to do this.
The exercise, we were assigned, is to draw a portrait using a Stabilo pencil then going in with titanium white acrylic paint. The Stabilo pencil reacts like a watercolor pencil.
My "models" for my portraits are from my collection of postcards I have here.
I hope you are all having a good weekend and getting some art time in for yourself.
Well; back to the drawing board :)
Much love always..............................Marilyn xxoo
19 comments:
Wow I´m overwhelmed. Big Applause and standing ovation for you. Wonderful work.
Marilyn, your doing so well. The first one is great just the way it is--it's fun isn't it--to challenge yourself, and to see the results--keep posting your progress!
Marilyn you did such a beautiful job. I love both of them but the second one is my favorite. This is so much fun isnt it!
This is wonderful - portraits are an excellent way to expand your personal art expression by capturing the essence of character. Beautiful work Marilyn! Look forward to seeing more!
Marilyn, I am up on my feet clapping for you!!!!!!!
These are super great and I find them BOTH beautiful but the first one calls to me!!!!!!! Wheeeeee, the tones of dark and light are wonderful and I think you are coming along so well with this all! I really wish I had taken this class with you! FUN FUN FUNNNNNNNNNNNNN!
Hugs,Patti
You have to be so pleased with the way your work just keeps getting better and better! I'm particularly drawn (pardon the pun) to the first one -- I love her eyes!
Diane
You are doing wonderful. I do not think I could do portraits. You keep it up and you should be proud of your progress.
Katelen
Portraits are so difficult and yours are spectacular, especially from a postcard! I've done only one portrait in acrylics and would find that with each wrong move, I'd have to work so hard to "get back' to where I needed to be. But it's all trial and error, practice and your passion for portrait drawing. Bravo!! The first one is my favorite!
I think you must be the star of the class. Your paintings are great. I can see a difference form the drawings. Never even realized there was more than one way of making a face. You have taught me a lot, even if you hadn't planned to. Thanks for sharing all this knowledge you have in this new-to-me art form.
you can definitely be proud of your results!! i admire you - i could never do this...
Everyday you will be better. Fantastic painting Marylin
Your drawings are really beautiful, Marilyn. Each day gets better. Love them both, but I think the first one has to be my favourite. Looking forward to seeing more!
Gaby xo
keep it up you are doing just great and changing up the materials keeps it interesting.. xo
Marilyn the Artist Queen and sweetheart...
This lady has such a look of mystery to her,the eyes say it all. You are capturing such expression in drawing them. I love the eyes,they make a portait or brake it in my mind.This is for sure another winner. Love watching your progress. Thanks for sharing, don't ya love Misty Mawn's name. So dreamy....
I can really tell you are enjoy what you are creating too.
Wowsa, I took your great word, I love that.... Your such an inspiration...
Biggest Hugs, Laura xoxx.
You are really doing so well I would not think these are your "practice and learning" portraits. Keep creating...
WOW Marilyn, don't stop, you have a gift ... thank you for sharing it with us!!!
Your first sketch is fabulous!
oxo
Marilyn it's amazing to watch you grow and get better at this so quickly!! These are amazing, I love the hair in particular, it looks so real. Fantastic work. xox
Marilyn.I am astounded! OMG, how good you are and how great you will be with practice. I am so happy to follow your progress.
This is so much fun isnt it!
Work from home India
Post a Comment