Monday, January 25, 2010

More practice................

This is another practice drawing using the Stabilo black pencil and titanium white paint. I used a very difficult image as a "model". It is one of my favorite postcards in my collection of a French woman. She's kind of sassy I think :)

But; one of the challenges, I had, is I tried this on canvas paper and it wasn't taking the paint very well so I had to improvise and use some oil pastels and lots of water when adding the paint. I decided to "color" this up a little around the background.

I am pleased, so far, with what I'm doing; I still hope to be able to loosen up more but know that will come with the "3 p's".

Later on, in the day, I'm going to try working on one using Misty's formula for skin tones with more paint. Wish me luck!

I hope you all had a good weekend; it surely went fast. Thinking of all!

Much love - Marilyn xxoo

12 comments:

Sandy said...

Wooooooooooooooooooow Marilyn this is wonderful. You are great. Love them.

Diane said...

Oooh, I like sassy, Marilyn--looks like you're having fun!

Buffy said...

Very Sassy,love how you captured her the look of her.

Martina said...

Marilyn, you`re a great artist!
I admire you again and again.

Terri Kahrs said...

Well, look at YOU, Miss Marilyn! Your drawings are getting better and better. Thanks for stopping by, and good luck in my drawing! Hugs, Terri xoxo

Laura Haviland said...

Wowsa Girlfriend you are on a roll, hahaha.
She is a babe and I love her...
What a talented lady you are in so many wonderful ways my friend.
Love ya,Hugs Laura. xoxx.

Createology said...

I admire your discipline to your art. You are really making wonderful progress. Keep creating...

sharon said...

You go girl! Marilyn, you have such talent, it is amazing. I love the black and white too, so vintage!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This looks just like her. Practice seems to work for you. I can tell you've been very busy.

johanna said...

you really captured her wonderfully! love that sassy look:)
oxox, johanna

Alexandra said...

Marilyn your painting is fantastic!

kanishk said...

I like sassy, Marilyn--looks like you're having fun!

Work from home India