

These are pictures from some more drawing practicing I did this morning.I am so enjoying Misty Mawn's Drawing and Painting online course! I'm so happy I gifted myself with this. It's really giving me confidence. Again; I still have a ways, to go, but the more I practice, the more I feel I can make a face! :)
I find it more comfortable to begin with a "warm up" exercise and I've shared pictures, here, of examples. I drew an egg with the lighting coming from the left and trying to get in the highlights, mid tones and casting shadows.
The eye is something I am proud of! I seem comfortable with drawing eyes; maybe because I feel they are so expressive and say a lot about what we are feeling. The eye "model" is from a photo from Misty's class. She provides us with lots of models :)
And; here is my second portrait drawing. The model is from an antique postcard that I have here and always loved her. It didn't come out exactly like her but; I thought she had wonderful shading and offered great highlights. Again; noses are extremely hard; practice, practice, practice.
Thank you all for your encouraging comments, you've left here; I so appreciate as without you I wouldn't have even signed up for this class!
Hope you're enjoying your day and I'll be back, during the week, with some more samples of my drawings.
My next challenge is going to find a model who is smiling and happy! :)
Love to all! Marilyn xxoo
17 comments:
Wow wow wow wow wow fantastic result again. Wonderful painting. Love t.
OMG, you should be "proud" of yourself - fantastic! The "egg" and the "eye" are incredible!!!
Wow you can really see your improvement! The eyes are amazing!!!! Can't wait to see more progress, practice, practice, practice!!!
Very impressive! The eyes are fantastic. You are so bold and brave to share you progress. It is fascinating to see your improvement.
Way to go Marilyn! I was and still am a bit nervous about sharing my drawings. I am especially nervous if anyone is around while I am doing it so I know exactly how you feel. Kuddos to you for sharing and you are off to a wonderful start!!! It's hard to beleive you have just begun. I have started a new journal and I am going to make it my portrait journal. Maybe you would want to do one too. :)
It's addictive, isn't it. You are good at it, because you really want to learn!
Love the eyes!! I am so proud of you for doing this!!!! Awesome!!
more WOWS from me too!! that eye is amazing, it's like a black and white photo. the egg is fab too, great shading, the actual portrait is fantastic, I love her hair!
brilliant drawings Marilyn! xox
Marilyn, HOW FANTASTIC, I love your eye drawing and the egg.....the shadowing is wonderful and I feel that you are blossoming already!!!!!!!!!!!! You should feel so proud, good for you!!!!!
Hugs,Patti
Marilyn, I like this one! She looks like a precious moments girl all grown up. Nice work! I can appreciate getting drawn into (excuse the pun) learning something new like this and the time and effort it involves. You go girl!
You are a natural Marilyn! These are beautiful! Your faces have character, that is so important...BRAVO!!
Holy cow, Marilyn. You are a natural. I can see why you wanted to take this class.
you can really be proud of yourself!! you are such a talent! the eye is incredible!! i´m sure i could never do that in a lifetime...
go on with your enthusiasm!!
Is there something that you can not? :-) Great drawing, Marilyn! I admire you!!!
My dear Marilyn, I'm so excited to see your progress in Misty Mawn's course. It sounds as though you are very much enjoying it. The gift of learning is a wonderful one to give yourself. Can't wait to see more!!
Beautiful job, Marilyn -- you must be pleased, yes?
Diane
By the way -- you could call this last drawing, "The Egg and Eye." (I know -- that was a groaner . . .)
Diane
Post a Comment