


Happy New Year Everyone! I'm starting off the New Year, here, with my Guest Artist spot of the month. I'm very happy and privileged to introduce you all to Carole Fults.
I first met Carole at a local art league gathering and we hit it off instantly; we admired each other's art and the conversation just took off from there. We've been friends ever since.
Carole and I have been exhibiting our art together and continue to do so. In fact, Carole came up with the idea of forming a group of local artists to exhibit in our area at local venues. We put our heads together and before we knew it we gave birth to our group called Art 'Round Town. Check out the link here
Carole has a marvelous website; click here
As you will be able to see, visiting her website, Carole is a multi-talented artist.
The Interview:
M: Please describe how your art journey began with a brief description of yourself.
C: My journey into the art world began when I was a junior in college. I had many friends in the art department and I saw how their forays into art led them down many paths. I gradually realized that I did not want to fit my mind into any one discipline and that art could, and often did, encompass any and all subjects of study, including some not taught academically, so I dropped out of school and spent a couple of years exploring the world of art. I started as a painter, probably because I already knew what I was doing from observing my friends. When I returned to finish my degree, I delved into some other aspects of art, such as sculpture, although it would be many years before I explored this in any serious way. My thesis was built around developing my own philosophy of art as a basic human need for beauty and shared self expression.
M: Did your interest in photography, poetry, or painting come first?
C: Poetry was my first love and remains the primary way in which I relate to the world, althought I have times when I don't write at all. Painting came next, then sculpture when I was in my late 30's. Photography has been with me for only the last couple of years.
M: What 3 words best describes your artistic style?
C: Loose, vague, and colorful.
M: You have a wonderful website (linked above). What benefits do you derive from having it? Do you sell of your site?
C: The website allows me to give potential venues a way to view my art without sending them a bunch of photos. It lets interested people view the range of art and projects. It has also helped me get a more objective view of my own art as I arrange and re-arrange the format. Right now I am taking things out of the categories of painting, sculpture, etc., and organizing the work according to projects that include all work done around a specific subject such as the Moon Project where soneone could view everything I have done around the Moon theme. I have visions of making a book organized in this way, but that is a ways off. I have only sold a couple of small things off the site, but as I say, the site is more a way of organizing things for myself. It it ever works as a marketing tool, that would be an added bonus.
M: Do you enjoy exhibiting your art? Do you recall your first exhibit? If so, can you briefly describe the event and your emotions?
C: I do enjoy exhibiting my art and, again, besides the obvious financial benefit of actually selling some pieces I learn a lot about if from seeing it formally displayed. My first exhibit, other than the required Senior Exhibit in college, was at a show in Flushing, Michigan where I actually took a 2nd place award for an abstract painting I displayed. I had the pleasure of also selling the piece so I was flying pretty high that day. As I look back, I see what an ego trip this was. Winning prizes is such a way to make some folks feel wonderful and others feel like crud; and in relaity it all comes down to the preference and personal taste of the judges. At the same time, it was a great incentive and encouragement to keep creating my art.
M: You are the Co-Founder of Art 'Round Town (linked above). What led you to form this group? What are a couple of your visions for the group?
C: I really enjoy exhibiting with others around themes or a common vision. Our planet is in dire need of some loving attention and as an artist I try to convey my love for our Home, and the others in our group share this thought. I think it reflects in their art and on their lives. I would like our shows to bring a fresh sense of wonder to the viewers and maybe cause them to view the Earth and nature in ways not thought of before. It also links us with those people who already appreciate and care for our world and I like being part of the family of Lovers of the Earth.
End of interview. Thank you Carole!
Note: above are three photos; one of Carole and two of her recent works!
Let me take this moment to wish you all a very healthy, happy, peaceful New Year. I am so looking forward to sharing more art, life and words with all of you in the coming year!
Stay safe and enjoy your holiday weekend!
Love to all! Peace in your hearts - Marilyn xxoo
16 comments:
Hello and Happy Happy New Year to you dear Marilyn!
What a neat feature your Guest Artist of the Month is! Always nice to learn more about talented people!
All the best to you and yours in Twenty Ten!!!
oxo
Marilyn my friend, I wish ypu a Happy, Healthy, Lucky and Creative New Year 2010.
Thanks for all you wonderful inspiration.
"Art Round Town" sounds like a wonderful collaboration. Great interview and a nice positive start to 2010. Keep creating...
Happy New Year, Marilyn. I hope this is the best one ever, especially with your new Sophia.
What a super idea to have a guest artist each month. And you couldn't have picked a better one than Carole. Her paintings are so vibrant and colorful. Thanks for exposing me to yet another talented artist. The interview was fun to read, too.
Thank you Marilyn for introducing us to a wonderful artist! I went to Carole's site and briefly looked around...WOW! Incredibly beautiful work....I will be going back to see more. Her paintings and the colors are luscious!
Thank you for being you Marilyn and I look forward to the coming New Year ...may it be the best!
Thanks for sharing about your friend. Wonderful interview.
Happy New Year.
Katelen
Hello and Happy New Year!
Great interview!
I found you through a comment somewhere... and It`s nice to see your blog as well and all your beautiful artwork.
Hello Marilyn,
Happy 2010
very interesting insight into your talented Friend....so creative.
wont you join us for our 1st ATC swap of 2010.
Our talented blogging friend Hermine is our ATC guest designer for 2010
We also have some fab blog candy up for grabs you are so welcome to try for some.
I have been so busy since the summer renovating my house I have not been able to blog and craft as much as I would like but this month I hope to change that as I have missed both.
Take care and much creative love comes your way.
chriss x
Hi Marilyn,
Thank you for introducing us to Carole, I'll go to her site and check out her art. Congrats to you both on forming your local art group-it sounds like FUN! All the best to you in 2010.
Carole is as talented as you are, Marilyn -- what a neat post!
Diane
thanks for pointing me into the direction of carole... love your monthly interviews!
thank you so much for constantly supporting me with your comments, that really lifts me up!!!
oxox, johanna
I visited Carol's site and enjoyed her art. Thanks for sharing! Have a wonderful new year!
Thanks for such a wonderful intro to such a special person.!! Isn't it amazing how we tend to find like minded people in our travels thru life?? Love It!
hugs!
Elizabeth
Marilyn, Carole brings such talent and a flare of her style to share! Thank you for introducing her to us all. I will be sure to visit her sites and oogle her artwork there! :))
Wishing you and Ted a wonderfully happy and blessed New Year! <3
Hugs,Patti
Great interview Marilyn. I had no idea how diverse Carole's talents were.
Happy New Year Marilyn! How lovely to meet new and interesting artists through your blog- you are an inspiration and a great teacher- always something new going on!!
Post a Comment