Thursday, January 14, 2010

A little altered art :)





You might recognize this "pouch" as I shared it on my Utube video when demonstrating my techniques with deli paper (earlier post). I thought I'd give you a closer look, at it, (front and back) as it is going to be used to hold this altered mitten (that you see here as well).

I'm looking forward to an art gathering with some artful friends soon and this chipboard mitten was given to all of us to alter and exchange at the gathering. The mitten front is the one with the thumb on the left side.

The background base for this project is fabric paper that I made not too long ago. I added more collage elements, acrylic paints, oil pastels, and more. The round metal tag on the mitten front has the word artful on it but you cannot see that in the picture.

We are approaching another weekend ahead! I wish you all a safe, happy, and art-filled one!

I begin my Misty Mawn online Drawing and Painting class tomorrow and I'm all ready to roll! I will be sharing my "attempts" with you in future. :)

Warm thoughts and love to you all! Marilyn xxoo

27 comments:

Sandy said...

OMG I´ve missed the right words for this what my eyes see.
Wow your work is very inspiring and really unique. Love them.

vintage wil said...

Wow another gorgeous!!!

Diane said...

This is outstanding, Marilyn! And I love your header--did you do it? Remember to post alot about the Misty Mawn class--I'm really curious about it.

Carol Q said...

gorgeous work Marilyn. love the idea of the mitten shape.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You do altered art SO well. Everything is so incredibly colorful! I love the mitten. I could use something like that in my altered Hand AB. Gives me an idea.

I really love the bird stamp. I've seen several that are perched, but none with their wings spread.

Missy Trent said...

Just peeking in on your lovely blog! Looks GREAT! Always something inspiring here! Thank you! ~Missy

Terri Kahrs said...

Oh, yes! I loved the toot, and I adore the results, Marilyn. The altered mitten is outstanding, and I'm sure that whoever received it will love it! Hugs, Terri xoxo

"MOI" Freubel said...

hey Marilyn.
I found you by ACF.
I have browsed through your blog and íve found it very enjoyable.
What a fantastic art you make !!
I'ts a feast to look at.
******
hearty greetings from the Netherlands.
Rian

sharon said...

Everytime I think you topped your best, you do it again! This is the best. I just love it.....reeeaallly! I adore the Catherine Moore stamp on there. it's altoghter beautiful Marilyn!

Evidence of an Artistic Life said...

absolutely fabulous!!!
Your art is wonderful-I love it all!!

hugs, chris

Femmy said...

FABULOUS Marilyn!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Marilyn, these are stunning !! Cute and clever mittens and that superbly delicious pouch ... I just love your art my friend
hugs June xxx

johanna said...

that pouch is absolutely beautiful - love the stamping on all those vibrant colors! this tim holtz bird is one of my favorites!

the mitten is great, too! so much to see... always love when insects are included:)

have a great weekend, marilyn!

Sharon McGarry Sams said...

I love the look of that envelope - so interesting. Thank you for that video. I bought the paper at Costco and will try it out soon.

Caterina Giglio said...

just love your pouch... it is adorable! and the mitten is so very creative!

Martina said...

Marilyn, I love your style!!! Just a poem ! I am excited. Wow !!!!

Createology said...

What fun your altered pouch and mitten are. The colors are bright and cheerful. These will certainly keep the winter dreary away! Well done.

Janny said...

What a fabulous piece of work Marilyn! Have a great weekend;o)

Lynne said...

Mariltn, these are beautiful!! I gotta say the mitten is my fave!! Gorgeous and inspiring work!

~*~Patty S said...

What a fun get together that must be and how pleased someone will be to receive your beautiful artwork M!

Enjoy Misty's class, she is such a fantastic teacher. I hope she teaches on line another time, I would Love to join in. Can't wait to see what you learn and create!

Your blog header is stunning, it stopped me in my tracks!

Wishing you and yours a sweet and peaceful weekend!
oxo

Oxana said...

So many beautiful creations!!!

Lisa said...

I just found your blog via your deli paper videos. I am enthralled! I've read all the way back to October so far. Your art speaks to my heart, my very core! I will be trying your techniques and will be back often!

Diane J. Evans said...

Just absolutely love the mitten! So happy for you in your newest ventures -- you rock, girl!

Diane

Viola said...

Really gorgeous work, Marilyn! Stunning!!

Susan Sager Brown said...

Such delicous colors!! beautiful, beautiful work. xoSusan

Peggy Beck said...

Marilyn these colors are exquisite!
I so love what you did here. Wow is all I keep saying. Love, love, love it.

Melissa said...

Great pouch! Wonderful colors.
Smiles-
Melissa